US Foods Amerifresh Sales Trader in Yakima, Washington
Join Our Community of Food People!
The Sales Trader is directly responsible for developing and maintaining outside and inside produce accounts. In this role, the individual will work diligently prospecting and selling new accounts, service existing accounts, and achieve budgeted profit margins and sales goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop and sell new and existing accounts
• Meet and/or exceed established financial targets
• Develop long term relationships with customers and grower/shippers
• Understand and follow PACA rules
• Manage their A/R per company standards
• Assist other team members when appropriate
• Communicate effectively with customers and other Amerifresh associates
• Maintain clear and accurate sales files
• Stay current on industry pricing, supply, and quality standards
• Keep manager informed of any issues that could impact the company’s bottom line
• Visit growers twice a month and top tier customers annually
• Other development responsibilities as required to support our customer needs
Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience in the fresh produce industry
• Must possess a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in fresh produce industry sales or other relevant area.
• Knowledge of PACA Law.
• Knowledge of the retail, wholesale, and foodservice segments
• Ability to handle business calls on produce loads evenings and weekends as needed
• Some travel may be required
Quality Assurance standards on produce quality, size, and grade
Product Temperature requirements
Ability to use and understand CRM as a sales building tool
Accurate order entry and follow through
Physical Requirements: Remove section if not needed.
• Must be able to walk produce fields and warehouses as needed to look at product
EOE* Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status*
COMMITTED TO PROTECTING OUR CANDIDATES, ASSOCIATES AND CUSTOMERS
We're continually updating our safety procedures and taking every measure to ensure the protection of our candidates, associates and customers. Our workplace safety efforts include using sanitized interview rooms, social distancing, providing masks and gloves and sanitizing truck cab interiors. We also have COVID-19 Wellness Checks for anyone entering our facilities and safety barriers in select locations in our production facilities. To help our customers make it in this challenging time, we’re providing robust support including webinars, one-on-one consults with our experts and detailed reopening materials.
US Foods is proud to have donated $10 million in food to help with COVID-19 relief efforts to help our local communities make it. Learn more here .
US Foods is one of America’s great food companies and a leading foodservice distributor, partnering with approximately 300,000 restaurants and foodservice operators to help their businesses succeed. With 28,000 employees and more than 70 locations, US Foods provides its customers with a broad and innovative food offering and a comprehensive suite of e-commerce, technology and business solutions. US Foods is headquartered in Rosemont, Ill., and generates more than $28 billion in annual revenue. Visit www.usfoods.com to learn more.
US Foods may collect personal information from you in connection with the application process. US Foods complies with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, and its policy may be found here (https://www.usfoods.com/content/dam/usf/pdf/Policies/HR/USF_CCPA_policy.pdf) .
US Foods, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
EEO is the Law poster is available here (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) .
EEO is the Law poster supplement is available here (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf) .
Pay Transparency policy statement is available here (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf) .
US Foods is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the interview process or to perform essential job functions, please contact our US Foods Application Accommodation Line at 866-960-5886. You will be prompted to leave a message. Please state the specifics of the assistance needed and your contact information. A member of our HR department will return your call within two business days.
- US Foods Jobs