US Foods Sr. Manager Occupational Health in Washington
Join Our Community of Food People!
The Sr. Manager Occupational Health leads Occupational Health (OH) within the Safety, Health and Environment function and contributes to the overall SHE strategy for US Foods. They gain SHE and other leadership commitment and alignment to OH initiatives. The Sr. Manager guides and enhances the Industrial Athlete program to effect improved workplace ergonomics and oversees the process to address job-based physical demands (analyses, work restrictions, work hardening, etc.). They will also identify, and in partnership with Operations and HR, integrates targeted wellness initiatives to improve overall employee health on and off the job. The Sr. Manager provides medical guidance to key stakeholders (as needed) on return-to-work, claims management, and leave administration to help ensure appropriate case management. Also, they will oversee medical incident preparedness and influences clinic relationships to help ensure best employee outcomes post-incident.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Leads the company’s Occupational Health approach and ensures its alignment with overall US Foods SHE direction.
• Designs and drives consistent implementation of OH protocols and practices per US Foods expectations and in conformance with applicable laws and regulations and governmental guidelines (DOT, OSHA, NIOSH, CDC, etc.).
• Oversees the Industrial (Occupational) Athlete initiative throughout US Foods. Incorporates medically sound approaches to workplace stretching, warm-up’s, etc. Seeks out new opportunities to enhance programming. Outlines training expectations accordingly.
• Leads the company’s approach to understanding and improving work-related physical demands to effect improved employee outcomes; provides support as needed regarding DOT medical exams and drug testing.
• Consults with Risk Management, Legal, and HR to develop / improve company policies and procedures designed to achieve best practices in Workers’ Compensation (WC) administration and that include appropriate and high-quality medical care for employees.
• Engages with Risk Management, Third Party Administrators, Legal, and local teams to resolve complex WC cases and long-term claims.
• Partners with HR to leverage and expand Wellness programs and initiatives to improve employee well-being in line with “total worker health.” Aligns wellness efforts to critical OH exposures, such as ergonomics, musculoskeletal injuries, slips/trips/falls, etc. Evaluates effectiveness of targeted Wellness efforts over time.
• Oversees the design and evaluation of local medical first responder programs. Collaborates with site stakeholders to enhance incident preparedness assuring readily available and competent internal first responders through appropriate training, drills, etc.
• Supports pandemic planning and response activities, including reviewing protocols, leading assigned teams to achieve desired outcomes, and being providing medical advice as requested.
• Supports Workplace Violence Prevention efforts as part of a cross-functional team.
• Models high ethical standards and employee advocacy reinforcing the “We Care” mindset.
• Minimum of BSN (nursing); Master’s in Nursing, Public Health, etc. preferred.
• Registered Nurse (with current license)
• Certified Occupational Health Nurse (COHN-S)
• A minimum of 7 years of increasingly responsible OH experience in the manufacturing, foodservice, distribution, and / or retail industries that spans incident prevention, regulatory compliance, occupational wellness, incident preparedness, and clinical nursing. Multi-site oversight experience also required.
• Demonstrates sound clinical judgment and understanding of nursing standards of practice. Models professional ethics and employee advocacy.
• Critical thinker who understands overlap between various occupational health / wellness programs as well as the stakeholders who influence and are impacted by such programs.
• Demonstrates leadership skills, successful team player and team builder.
• Strong interpersonal skills. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Excellent organizational skills.
• Excellent influence, negotiation, conflict resolution and facilitation skills with diverse groups of individuals.
• Excellent analytical ability, strong interpretive skills and proven success in driving change.
• Knowledge of various federal and state laws and regulations related to occupational health, including but not limited to, OSHA, CDC, NIOSH, ADA, Family & Medical Leave, Social Security Disability Insurance, and Workers’ Compensation.
• Knowledge of industry benchmarking metrics is desirable.
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
• Ability to travel up to 30%.
EOE* Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status*
COMMITTED TO PROTECTING OUR CANDIDATES, ASSOCIATES AND CUSTOMERS
We're continually updating our safety procedures and taking every measure to ensure the protection of our candidates, associates and customers. Our workplace safety efforts include using sanitized interview rooms, social distancing, providing masks and gloves and sanitizing truck cab interiors. We also have COVID-19 Wellness Checks for anyone entering our facilities and safety barriers in select locations in our production facilities. To help our customers make it in this challenging time, we’re providing robust support including webinars, one-on-one consults with our experts and detailed reopening materials.
US Foods is proud to have donated $10 million in food to help with COVID-19 relief efforts to help our local communities make it. Learn more here .
US Foods is one of America’s great food companies and a leading foodservice distributor, partnering with approximately 300,000 restaurants and foodservice operators to help their businesses succeed. With 28,000 employees and more than 70 locations, US Foods provides its customers with a broad and innovative food offering and a comprehensive suite of e-commerce, technology and business solutions. US Foods is headquartered in Rosemont, Ill., and generates more than $28 billion in annual revenue. Visit www.usfoods.com to learn more.
US Foods may collect personal information from you in connection with the application process. US Foods complies with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, and its policy may be found here (https://www.usfoods.com/content/dam/usf/pdf/Policies/HR/USF_CCPA_policy.pdf) .
US Foods, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
EEO is the Law poster is available here (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) .
EEO is the Law poster supplement is available here (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf) .
Pay Transparency policy statement is available here (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf) .
US Foods is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the interview process or to perform essential job functions, please contact our US Foods Application Accommodation Line at 866-960-5886. You will be prompted to leave a message. Please state the specifics of the assistance needed and your contact information. A member of our HR department will return your call within two business days.
- US Foods Jobs