King County Washington Custodian (24 hours per week) in WA 98023, Washington
Be a part of King County Parks! King County Parks' mission is to steward, enhance and acquire parks to inspire healthy communities, and with 28,000 acres of open space, 175 miles of regional trails and 200 parks, King County Parks offers close-to-home recreational experiences for everyone.
We are seeking a Custodian to perform a variety of cleaning tasks in public and staff areas at the King County Aquatic Center in Federal Way, WA. Primary duties include picking up trash, emptying trash cans, floor care, cleaning tile, cleaning restrooms, locker rooms and kitchen facilities, cleaning windows and doors, restocking supplies, event setup and tear down, and cleaning balconies and banquet hall facility. This part time position is eligible to participate in the County's benefit program.
Work Schedule: This position will work 24 hours per week. This position is non-exempt from the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act, and is overtime eligible.
Who May Apply: This recruitment is open to all qualified applicants.
Apply on-line at: http://www.kingcounty.gov/jobs. Please submit a completed online King County job application, including supplemental questions.
Union Representation_: _This position is represented by Service Employees International Union, Local 925.
Sample of Key Job Duties:
- Clean and disinfect locker rooms, rest rooms, lobby, spectator seating, and other areas as assigned. This includes sinks, toilets, urinals, showers and other fixtures as assigned
- Maintain supplies in locker rooms, rest rooms, janitor rooms, dressing rooms and laundry room.
- Empty trash containers inside and outside buildings. Take trash to dumpsters.
- Use appropriate cleaning products in a safe manner as trained.
- Participate in the facility recycling program.
- Perform event set-up duties as assigned, including tables, chairs and carpet runners.
- Provide CPR and First Aid and duties as assigned for emergency evacuations and other emergency procedures.
- Carry and operate a two-way radio; operate public address system as needed.
- Promote good relationships with the public and user groups.
- Actively participate in assigned work team.
Complete work assignments efficiently using initiative, problem-solving skills, and good judgment. Please Apply if you have the Following:
Knowledge of and experience with basic janitorial cleaning techniques and products.
- Experience in the use and care of cleaning equipment.
- Ability to operate floor scrubber, floor buffer, and other applicable cleaning equipment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to positively interact with a variety of people in a diverse work environment.
- Skill in prioritizing and efficiently completing tasks simultaneously with the ability to adapt to changes in workload demand.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service, using discretion, patience, etiquette, and professionalism.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to operate personal computers to complete timesheets, read and respond to email, and perform assorted administrative tasks.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs
- Ability to swim 25 yards is desired (Aquatics Center only).
- Demonstrated punctuality, dependability and good work attendance. Special Necessary Requirements: Possess and maintain current American Red Cross certifications in: Community First Aid, CPR for the Professional Rescuer, Automated External Defibrillator (AED), Preventing Disease Transmission. If you do not possess at the time of hire, must obtain certifications within 90 days of hire.
A final offer of employment will be contingent upon successfully passing a pre-employment physical and criminal background check.
For more information regarding this recruitment, please contact: Patty Jurgens at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-477-4572.
Salary: $18.68 - $23.68 Hourly
Location: WA 98023, WA
Job Type: Career Service, Part Time 24 hrs/week
Department: Department of Natural Resources & Parks - Parks & Recreation Division
Job Number: 2018-08888
Closing: 11/26/2018 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: King County
Address: King County Administration Bldg. 500 4th Ave. Rm. 553 Seattle, Washington, 98104