King County Washington Public Health Nurse - Maternity Support Services in Various Locations throughout King County, Washington
SUMMARY: Seattle & King County Public Health is seeking a motivated Public Health Nurse to join our Federal Way and/or Midway Public Health's Parent Child Health team, which provides Maternity Support Services/Infant Case Management (MSS/ICM) and Women, Infant and Children (WIC) services. This position is based out of South King County Public Health Centers. Public Health Centers provide patient centered services to pregnant and parenting people, infants, and children that are either co-located with reproductive health services for adults and teens or embedded within a community health clinic. We are interested in individuals who are representative of the diverse population we serve and are dedicated to serving clients with quality and compassion. We value and recognize innovation and teamwork. This program identifies moms and children in the community who might benefit from community resources that educate and empower them to successfully care for themselves and their growing families. If you are a committed advocate, and thrive working with multi-disciplinary teams, this practice is for you. As a Seattle & King County WIC and MSS/ICM Public Health Nurse you'll work with diverse populations that are representative of our community. If this sounds like a good fit we invite you to apply at http://www.kingcounty.gov/depts/health/jobs.
Commitment to Equity and Social Justice: As the only jurisdiction in the world named after Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., one of the most influential civil rights leaders in our nation's history, King County is a vibrant international community with residents that represent countries from around the world. It is a region with increasing diversity that cherishes the traditions of many cultures.
We have a deep commitment to equity and social justice and advancing practices, strategies, and policies that promote fairness, justice, and opportunity for all – in our workplaces and our communities. With this commitment, King County has adopted a pro-equity agenda to advance regional change and ensure that residents from vulnerable communities are incorporated into our emergency planning and public outreach efforts.
Applicants should be committed to working with diverse populations throughout King County to provide excellent customer service to a broad range of cultures, in accordance with the King County Equity and Social Justice Ordinance and the King County Strategic Plan.
- Obtain and document health history; make nursing diagnosis based on nursing assessment.
- Determine program eligibility and provide client-centered education, interventions, support, and referrals remotely (phone/video) and in office settings, client homes, and other community locations.
- Coordinate care with team members and other health care providers and make referrals to appropriate services; provide and document case management; and assure access and continuity of care.
- Document client information and services and manage appointment schedules in various electronic health records, including EPIC and WIC Cascades
- Provide expertise regarding public health nursing scope, practice and policy on a variety of levels.
- Provide program planning, monitoring local work plans and progress toward program goals.
- Participate in quality assurance activities to meet laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Provide training, orientation and education to staff, clients, students and the community.
- Provide birth control and pregnancy options counseling as needed.
- Washington State Registered Nurse License in good standing.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) from an accredited school of nursing
- Current Washington State Driver’s License or ability to travel to sites within the county
- Current BLS CPR for Healthcare Providers.
- Willing to provide options counseling
- *Letter of Interest*
Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills:
- Commitment to equity and racial justice principles and serving clients with cultural humility.
- Knowledge of public health nursing principles and processes; human systems; infectious disease management and control; health care system structure and function.
- Knowledge of child and adult learning and health education techniques and principles.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and organize work while meeting deadlines; flexibility and ability to adapt to changing work environment
- Ability to travel and work at other locations.
- Ability to perform comprehensive nursing assessments and successfully engaging clients in a plan of care.
- Ability to work in homes and community settings without on-site supervision.
- Ability to develop and maintain therapeutic relationships with patients; and working with culturally and socio-economically diverse populations.
- Ability to provide reproductive health education, services, and community outreach.
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment, multi-task, and demonstrate attention to detail, crisis intervention, problem solving skills, and effective time management.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and organize work while meeting deadlines; flexibility and ability to adapt to changing work environment Ability to work with a variety of computer programs, including but not limited to, Microsoft Suite – Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Bilingual Spanish or Russian is highly desired.
WHO MAY APPLY: This position is open to all qualified applicants and this includes new to practice and re-entry nurses.
**Interviews for this opportunity will be December 8th and 9th.__
WORK SCHEDULE:This is a fully benefited, term limited temporary (TLT)/Special Duty Public Health Nurse 1.0 FTE position, 40 hours per week. Work days and hours will be determined at time of hire, may vary based on client service needs, and may include some early morning, evening, and weekend hours. This position is non-exempt and therefore subject to the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
WORK LOCATION:This position will be primarily based at Federal Way Public Health located at 33431 13th PL S, Federal Way WA 98003 and Midway HealthPoint in Des Moines, located at 26401 Pacific Highway South, Des Moines WA 98198; and may be asked to work at other locations depending on staffing needs.
CONTACT: For more information, contact Amy M. Curtis, BSN, RN, Healthcare Recruitment Specialist at email@example.com
APPLICATION PROCESS: The following completed items are required to be considered for this vacancy:
- NEOGOV/Government Jobs on-line or paper application
- Completed supplemental questions that are supported in your application. These answers will be reviewed to determine competitiveness. Please do not use "see resume" in your answers as these will be considered incomplete.
- Letter of interest which details how you meet or exceed the qualifications.
Your application will be rejected as incomplete if you do not include the required information in the application. If you reference "see resume" on your application it will be considered incomplete. You must completely fill out the application with your relevant education and work experience. The selection process may include but is not limited to: evaluation of application materials and supplemental questions, interviewing, and testing. For more information on our selection process, please refer to www.kingcounty.gov/depts/health/jobs/hiring
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- The selected candidate will be required to submit a background check. Records are not automatically disqualifying.
- Employees are required to protect the privacy and security of protected health information as defined in State and Federal Law.
- Employees are required to adhere to OSHA/WISHA guidelines including but not limited to completing required trainings on time.
- This position will be primarily based at Federal Way Public Health and Midway HealthPoint in Des Moines, and may be asked to work at other locations depending on staffing needs.
- During COVID-19 precautions, this position will involve telework, and may also work in the office at times. Candidates are responsible to ensure they have the necessary space, furniture, and environment for telework.
UNION AFFILIATION: This position is represented by Washington State Nurses Association (WSNA).
Forbes recently named King County as one of Washington State's best employers.
Together, with leadership and our employees, we're changing the way government delivers service and winning national recognition as a model of excellence. Are you ready to make a difference? Come join the team dedicated to serving one of the nation's best places to live, work and play.
Guided by our "True North", we are making King County a welcoming community where every person can thrive. We value diversity, inclusion and belonging in our workplace and workforce. To reach this goal we are committed to workforce equity. Equitable recruiting, support, and retention is how we will obtain the highest quality workforce in our region; a workforce that shares and will help advance our guiding principles--we are one team; we solve problems; we focus on the customer; we drive for results; we are racially just; we respect all people; we lead the way; and we are responsible stewards. We encourage people of all backgrounds and identities to apply, including Native American and people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ+, people living with disabilities, and veterans.
King County is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer No person is unlawfully excluded from employment opportunities based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other protected class. Our EEO policy applies to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, selection for training, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
To Apply If you are interested in pursuing this position, please follow the application instructions carefully. If you need this announcement in an alternate language or format, would like to request accommodation or assistance in the application or assessment process or if you have questions please contact your recruiter listed on this job announcement.
Salary: $73,985.60 - $101,088.00 Annually
Location: Various Locations throughout King County, WA
Job Type: Special Duty Assignment or Term Limited Temp (TLT)
Department: DPH - Public Health
Job Number: 2020AC12368
Division: Community Health Services
Closing: 11/29/2020 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: King County
Address: King County Administration Bldg. 500 4th Ave. Rm. 553 Seattle, Washington, 98104