Aerotek Infectious Disease Lab Technician in Vancouver, Washington
The Laboratory Technologist is responsible for accurately and efficiently processing samples using laboratory equipment and quickly reporting any problems to management.
• Collects, prepares and evaluates patient specimens for analysis and perform technical procedures with accuracy and precision, meeting the standards of all accrediting/regulatory agencies in a timely manner
• Utilizes blood punch machine to punch holes in dried blood spot card and place samples in well plate along with reagents
• Operate laboratory instruments and equipment and perform equipment maintenance according to the laboratory’s standard operating procedures
• Recognizes unusual patient results and identifies problems in analytical procedures/systems; responds with appropriate investigation and/or corrective action
• Troubleshoots assays and equipment which fail to perform adequately
• Observes established safety guidelines and maintains cleanliness of the laboratory
• Accurately document and maintain all records for equipment and instruments
laboratory, automated instrumentation, lab tech, infectious disease, PCR, serology, elisa assays, elisa, pcr dna, dna extraction, dna sequencing, Biology, Microbiology, Sample preparation
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Bachelors Degree in Science preferred (Biology, Chemistry, Microbiology, etc.)
• Experience in a lab processing high volume samples
• Heavy experience/usage of pipettes (single, multi-channel, multi-channel. Need high volume/repetitive usage)
• DNA Extraction understanding
• High attention to detail and organized
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs