VCA Experienced Veterinary Patient Care Assistant in Vancouver, Washington
Company Info: VCA Animal Hospitals operates more than 1,000 small animal veterinary hospitals in the U.S., Canada and Japan. The hospitals are staffed by more than 4,500 fully qualified, dedicated and compassionate veterinarians to give pets the very best in medical care, of which over 600 are board certified specialists who are experts in areas such as oncology, cardiology, emergency and critical care, and surgery for animals. VCA Animal Hospitals provides a full range of general practice services to keep pets well and specialized treatments when pets are ill. As part of the Mars Veterinary Health family of brands, VCA is committed to its purpose—A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS®.
If you are a current associate, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs. You can also copy the link below into a browser to apply through our internal career site:
VCA East Mill Plain Animal Hospital is an AAHA-accredited, small animal practice in Vancouver, Washington—located in the heart of the beautiful Pacific Northwest.
CANDIDATES MUST HAVE AT LEAST 1 YEAR EXPERIENCE WITH TECHNICAL SKILLS
Come join our awesome team!! VCA East Mill Plain Animal Hospital is an AAHA-accredited general, small animal and exotic practice in Vancouver, Washington. We are seeking an experienced Patient Care Assistant to join our team.
We are an ever growing, busy hospital with state of the art equipment and a shared passion for high quality medicine. Our employees are Fear Free © certified and we are searching for a candidate with the same standards and drive to do better for our patients and their people. Becoming a Fear Free © certified hospital is one of our goals in the near future!
We encourage our employees to become involved in the hospital, and help to create a work culture that people want to be a part of.
At VCA, your pet’s health is our top priority and excellent service is our goal. VCA has over 750 animal hospitals located in 43 US states and 5 Canadian provinces. There are opportunities to participate in VCA Charities events and efforts, and VCA now has over 222 Pet Food Pantry locations in 2 countries!
Previous technical experience of at least 1 year required. We are looking for the right individual who is driven, positive, reliable and creative. The individual we are seeking will have solid technical skills including phlebotomy, administering injections, acquiring radiographs and patient care. The ideal candidate we are looking for values collaboration and mentoring.
Duties include, but not limited to:
• Provide quality patient care while maintaining a Fear Free © approach
• Proficient in blood draws, IV catheter placement and maintenance
• Ability to acquire quality digital radiographs
• Administering vaccinations, SQ fluids and other medications
• Patient restraint during examinations, injections, treatments, induction etc.
• Maintain hospital cleanliness and building upkeep
• Prioritize tasks and redirect when needed
• Have the ability to multitask
• Work collectively in teams and alone
• Keep hospital supplies stocked
• Process laboratory samples
• Run in hospital blood work panels
• Assist Veterinarians and Technicians with tasks
• Basic computer knowledge
• Verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Triage and critical thinking
Vancouver, Washington is located on the north bank of the Columbia River and is the largest suburb of Portland, Oregon. We are surrounded by gorgeous green, mountains and wildlife, and close to the mountains and coast! Nearby Portland, Oregon is a great city to explore with amazing food, breweries, music, outdoor activities, galleries and museums, parks, local produce and maker markets, sports and more!
Among the reasons to consider joining VCA are:
• VCA hospitals are former private-practices that retain the spirit that made them successful
• Access to the people and financial resources of a large veterinary community
• Network of 4,500+ doctors, including more than 600 Specialists
• Largest provider of Private Practice Internships and Residencies in the U.S.
• WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Technicians
• Robust Clinical Studies program
• Opportunities to give back through strong Shelter partnerships and VCA Charities
VCA adds value to your compensation package with the following:
• Competitive wage
• Medical, Dental & Vision insurance
• Opportunity to teach and mentor
• Life and Long Term Disability insurance
Ready to be part of a team that feels like family? Apply today! We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!
The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development).
VCA began in 1986 as a privately owned company with one animal hospital. Today, we are the largest family of animal care providers nationwide. Despite unprecedented growth, VCA has never abandoned its devotion to compassionate, comprehensive pet care. Take a look at our open positions throughout the U.S. and Canada! We’re always looking for top notch talent to join the VCA family!