Aerotek DNA Lab Technician in Vancouver, Washington
DNA Lab Technician Job Description:
The DNA Laboratory Tech. is responsible for accurately and efficiently processing samples using laboratory equipment and quickly reporting any problems to management.
Intake samples in, transferring samples from a device into a plate. DNA then extracted into 96 well plate, transferred to 384 well plate format, loading plates onto instrumentation, operating instrumentation (similar to a machine operator)
Collects, prepares and evaluates patient specimens for analysis and perform technical procedures with accuracy and precision.
Daily operations using laboratory instruments and equipment
Recognizes unusual patient results and identifies problems in analytical procedures/systems; responds with appropriate investigation and/or corrective action
Troubleshoots assays and equipment which fail to perform adequately
Observes established safety guidelines and maintains cleanliness of the laboratory
Maintaining a meticulous and organized record of specimens, tests, instrument logs, and technical analyses
Participates in activities required to support all necessary licensure for the clinical laboratory, including quality management functions and on-site inspections of the laboratory.
Consult with management and personnel on better operational procedures to improve overall efficiency and product yields.
Accurately documenting all records for equipment and instruments
DNA/RNA extraction, PCR awareness (or experience), ELISA assays, Biology, Pipetting, Diagnostic assays, Clinical laboratory, Data review, Genotyping software
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree in Science (Biology, Chemistry, Microbiology, etc.)
• Experience working in a high throughput lab environment ( processing 500-1000+ samples per day. could be school or work exp)
• Experience working in hospital, clinical or diagnostic lab experience - could be from school experience (working with human samples. open to animal samples)
• Heavy experience/usage of pipettes (single, multi-channel, multi-channel. NEED high volume/repetitive usage)
• Experience working with 96 and 384 well plate formatting (Pref 384 or both but need at least one. Need high volume/repetitive usage)
• Manual DNA extraction experience
• Experience with pipetting and combining reagents and samples
• Understanding of PCR & ELISA
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs