Kiewit Corporation 2021 Equipment Engineer Intern in Vancouver, Washington
Requisition ID: 107860
Job Level: Internship
Employment Type: Full Time Temporary
Are you interested in a hands-on real-world learning experience directly related to the skills needed in a full-time construction career? In this internship, you will have the opportunity to develop, participate and learn key roles and functions within construction management.
Our mission is to make a difference and we offer opportunities for you to make one too through our construction operations. Whether we’re boring tunnels through mountains, turning rivers into energy or building bridges that connect communities, we depend on our passionate, skilled, and safety-obsessed construction professionals to get it done right. You bring your big ideas, commitment to top quality, and an unwavering work ethic. In return, we offer huge career and travel opportunities and the satisfaction of building the next big thing from the ground up. There’s a reason Kiewit attracts the best: we offer fast-paced excitement and fulfillment you won’t find anywhere else.
As an Equipment Engineer Intern, you will support Regional Construction & Mining operations. This position is responsible for the planning, scheduling, budgeting, utilization and reliability of a construction and mining equipment fleet. The position will deal with day to day as well as long term issues related to an equipment fleet. The position’s main focus will be to improve equipment reliability as well as implement, monitor, audit, and manage preventative maintenance programs.
The anticipated start date for this internship is May 2021.
Kiewit Equipment Services (KES) helps to ensure the profitability of Kiewit projects through the improved equipment utilization and mechanical reliability by delivering world-class equipment and service.
One of the many things that makes Kiewit’s culture unique is that we go where the work is, which exposes your career to abundant opportunities. We relocate our teams based on the work that is available, combined with the development plans, skill sets and career goals of each team member. This means your Kiewit adventure is custom-designed to meet our shared needs.
Equipment Engineer Internships will be based across the United States.
• Understand and comply with all federal, state, and company health, safety, and environmental requirements
• Material handling and procurement
• Create and maintain tool/filter lists and documentation
• Inspections of equipment and parts
• Logistics management and communication
• Long/short range equipment planning, scheduling, and budgeting
• Planning and paperwork processing to prepare for critical lifts
• Use reliability and failure analysis data to increase equipment availability and reliability
• Establish and maintain communications between all levels of supervision and management
• Support of craft maintenance technicians – ordering parts, manage inventory, schedule crews, and manage quality and safety
• Specialty projects as needed
• Ability to travel or relocate as needed
• Ability to work full-time during the summer (approximately May-August)
• Currently pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechnical Engineering Technology (MET), Diesel Technology, or Automotive Technology
• Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in a wide-ranging climates and environments
• Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
• Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
• Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
• Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
• Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
• Other common names for this role: Maintenance Engineer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Kiewit Corporation Jobs