Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company Senior Engineer, Customer Engineering & Escalations: Nimble/Alletra 6000 (Remote) - HPE1US1146808EXT in Tumwater, Washington
Senior Engineer, Customer Engineering & Escalations: Nimble/Alletra 6000 (Remote) Job Description: Open to remote in the U.S. We are looking for Senior System/Software Engineers to lead and drive the development of the future of enterprise storage firmware products and solutions. Senior engineers play lead roles in multi-discipline teams working on new and next generation products and solutions in the Storage firmware domain. This includes owning product architecture, product feature definition, software design, SW development and test, customer interaction, and on-going product support. Projects typically involve coordination with internal and external development partners. Firmware domain includes design and development of software products and solutions for managing the enterprise data center storage infrastructure. At a high level, HPE Primary Storage is the virtualized storage platform that delivers 100% of the simplicity, efficiency, and agility demanded by today\'s virtual and cloud data centers. Responsibilities
- Develops architectures and methodologies for software systems design and development across multiple platforms
- Leads multiple project teams of software systems engineers
- Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to complex business issues and is regarded as a subject matter expert in the domain.
- Responsible to interface the customer issues related to the product within different teams and handles them to adhere with SLA.
- Responsible for Storage Array Firmware sustenance
- Responsible for finding solution to complex software and product design problem reports
- Responsible for analyzing and proposing solutions to customer issues
- Responsible for understanding and preparing product requirements (Software requirement specification)
- Responsible to work with different teams/stake holders in product road map definition, product release management
- Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with systems design and development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and mitigate failure risk.
- Demonstrates recognized domain expertise, business acumen, and experience to influence decisions of senior management, development partners and the eco system
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members to set an example of software systems design and development innovation and excellence.
- Drives innovation and integration of new technologies into projects and activities in the software systems design organization.
- Manages and expands relationships with internal and external development partners on software systems design and development.
- Collaborates with peers, junior engineers, technicians and external design partners
- Should be a team player.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor\'s or Master\'s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent, typically with 12+ years of experience
Knowledge and Skills
Required domain expertise: Embedded system programing in one of the following areas: Servers, Storage or Networking.
Knowledge of embedded systems or storage software/Firmware is desired
Experience in overall architecture of firmware and interaction with hardware designs for products and solutions.
Designing and integrating firmware into overall architecture and hardware design
Excellent Programming Skill - C++/C
Multi-threaded application development (Linux platform preferred)
Linux Kernel programming, device driver experience
Knowledge in one or more of the following: RTOS, FC, SCSI, iSCSI and FCoE RAID, disk drive technology, network protocols, device driver development