Washington State Security Auditor/Analyst – Journey (IT Security) DOH4955 (Project) in Tumwater, Washington
As the Security Auditor/Analyst, you'll provide strategic and tactical influence to the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) and agency management for decisions relating to information security. You'll provide technical expertise to program staff and collaborate with technical teams in the areas of security operations, network security, data security, access control, monitoring / logging and incident response.
You'll evaluate complex technology systems to determine if system meets or exceeds existing agency, state and applicable federal security standards. Your work will also include conducting risk assessments to determine operational, regulatory and financial impacts.
You'll collaborate with the CISO and members of the Agency Data@Health core project team, key members across the agency, as well as other State offices to ensure consistent and effective overall leadership, priority setting, and informed decision-making for the agency in the arena of information security as it applies to your assigned surveillance systems.
This recruitment is for a full-time project journey-level IT Security position within the Center for Facilities, Risk and Adjudication, Information Security Office. This position is currently funded through September 30, 2021.
Initial applicant review begins on June 4, 2020. Apply early!
*Important Note: *Pursuant to the Governor’s Directive, 20-08, this position will be subject to one furlough day per week through July 25, 2020, and one day per month beginning August 1, 2020, through November 30, 2020.
Note: The salary listed includes the 3% Legislative approved general wage increase effective July 1, 2020.
About the Department of Health Washington State Department of Health (DOH) works with federal, state, tribal, and local partners to help people in Washington stay healthy and safe. Our programs and services help prevent illness and injury, promote healthy places to live and work, provide education to help people make good health decisions and ensure our state is prepared for emergencies.
Benefits of Working for DOH Washington is America's Top State according to U.S. News (2019) and provides one of the most competitive benefits packages in the nation.
Tumwater is a vibrant city just south of Olympia, the state's capital, with a small-town feel conveniently situated between Seattle and Portland. Tumwater enjoys the benefits of an engaged and educated community and a well-supported school system, with two universities and a community college within a ten-mile radius.
- A healthy work/life balance by offering flexible schedules and telework options for many positions.
- Growth and development opportunities.
- A wellness program that offers education, access to healthy food, and fitness classes.
- Opportunities to serve your community through meaningful work.
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion by fostering an inclusive environment that encourages all employees to bring their authentic selves to work.
- An Infant at Work Program that is based on the long-term health values of breastfeeding newborns and infant-parent bonding.
- A modernized workplace.
Leading and independently conducting highly complex risk and security assessments of technology systems supporting our public health surveillance systems.
Independently conducting system technical reviews and completing risk and information security assessments.
Guiding and mentoring technical leads, business staff, application stewards, and project managers through the risk and security assessment processes.
Researching, investigating and analyzing agency information system threats and vulnerabilities.
Conducting business impact analysis with agency programs to determine operational impacts, operational risks and overall security risk.
Co-developing and socializing the agency-wide information security program policy and standards.
Producing enterprise reports with recommended physical, administrative and technical security control changes to mitigate threats and vulnerabilities identified through the assessment process.
What we're looking for Success in this position requires one to be a team player, defined as having a driving passion for the work, bringing humility to their job and people interactions, and understanding how their words and actions affect others.
- Option 1:Bachelor's degree in information security, computer science, system engineering, information systems, or a related field and four (4) years of experience in IT security administration, or developing, installing, and/or maintaining network server systems, application systems, security systems, or network infrastructure equipment.
- Option 2: An Associate's degree in an information technology or closely related program and six (6) or more years of recent (ending or within the past 6 months) information technology experience in information technology related activities such as testing, installing, maintaining, supporting and/or averting current hardware/software system failures on client applications, hardware or software products.
- Option 3: Eight (8) or more years of recent experience (ending in the past 6 months) in an information technology or closely related program. Related programs include information risk management, security information event management, network forensics, vulnerability management and/or systems security operations.
Demonstrated experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities in the following areas:
Security or network architecture design.
Analysis of risks versus benefits in decisions related to IT security.
Maintaining confidentiality in the performance of job duties.
*Recent experience is defined as within the past six (6) months.
Application Process Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you. Click "Apply" to submit your detailed application profile along with the following:
- A letter of interest, describing how you meet the specific required qualifications for this position.
- A current resume.
- Three (3) or more professional references, to be included in your profile. Please include at least one supervisor, peer, and (if you have supervised staff) a subordinate.
Important Note: Do not attach documents that contain private information (social security number, date of birth, transcripts, etc.) or documents that are password protected. These documents will not be reviewed and may cause errors within your application when downloaded. Veterans, please feel free to attach a copy of your redacted DD214.
The Washington State Department of Health (DOH) is an equal opportunity employer. DOH strives to create a working environment that is inclusive and respectful. It is our policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of our workforce.
This is a position covered by a bargaining unit for which the Washington Federation of State Employees (WFSE) is the exclusive representative.
Conditions of Employment/Working Conditions With or without an accommodation, I am willing and able to:
Legally operate a state or privately owned vehicle or provide alternative transportation.
Occasionally work in excess of 40 hours per week and/or to adjust normally scheduled hours, which may include evening and weekends.
Occasionally travel statewide to accomplish the position objectives which may include overnight stays and evening work.
If you have questions, need alternative formats or other assistance please contact Skyler Jones at (360) 236-4408, Skyler.email@example.com, or TDD Relay at 1-800-833-6384 or 711 (Washington Relay). Technical support is provided by NEOGOV, 855-524-5627 (can't log in, password or email issues, error messages).
SUBSCRIBE to DOH Job Alerts
Only applicants who follow the directions and complete the Application Process in-full will have their responses reviewed for consideration.
Education and experience selected, listed and/or detailed in the Supplemental Questions must be verifiable on the detailed applicant profile submitted.
This recruitment may be used to fill other positions of the same job classification across the agency. Once all the position(s) from the recruitment are filled, the recruitment may only be used to fill additional open positions for the next sixty (60) days.
Salary: $6,154.00 - $8,074.00 Monthly
Location: Thurston County – Tumwater, WA
Job Type: Project (limited duration)
Department: Dept. of Health
Job Number: DOH4955
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact