Washington State L&I Workers' Compensation Adjudicator 3 in Tumwater, Washington
Please note: this opportunity is open to internal L&I; employees only.
At the Department of Labor & Industries our Claims Administration Program plays a vital role in the economic well-being of the state. We ensure that over 2,330,000 employees receive sure and certain relief through accurate and timely medical and wage replacement benefits for over 163,000 employers. We work hard to meet our agency's goal in keeping Washington workers safe and working and the Claims Administration program is currently seeking to fill several Workers' Compensation Adjudicator (WCA) 3 (Claim Manager) openings. WCA 3 claims are high complexity claims. Caseloads can include injury, occupational illness, and exposure claims with conditions such as head trauma, with brain involvement, amputations, and burns. In addition to injuries from violent crimes, occupational and post-traumatic stress, hearing loss, multiple complex fractures, severe psychiatric conditions, electric shock, respiratory conditions, heart and cardiovascular conditions, complex regional pain syndrome, pension claims with treatment orders, claims over seven years old and with five or more years of time loss compensation.
Some of what you will do:
- Manage a caseload; review and adjudicate industrial insurance claims in accordance with the industrial insurance laws, and case law.
- Interpret facts and apply the law in determining claim validity and ongoing adjudicative action, meeting all timeliness expectations. Determine need for vocational services, make appropriate referrals, monitor progress and take ongoing actions.
- Make a decision if time-loss compensation is payable, establish initial rate of compensation and if necessary, issue a wage order. Respond to liens or other reductions in time-loss compensation benefits according to statute.
- Resolve and communicate decisions made in response to protests. Address board and court orders and applications to reopen claims. Compose medical examination assignments and investigation assignments, legal orders, and letters.
- Provide direct customer service. Respond to inquiries regarding claim information, the department's rules and regulations, and the claim adjudication process.
Who should apply: WCA 2's who have completed the apprenticeship program and have an additional six months working experience (by March 18, 2019) at the journey level, or 2 years' experience as a WCA 2 in adjudication of time loss payments in a workers' or crime victims' compensation insurance program.
Bilingual persons are strongly encouraged to apply.
What we are looking for:
- Journey level WCA 2s and/or WCA 3's who have excelled in their current jobs, can work well with the team and get up to speed quickly.
- Advanced ability to research, analyze facts, mathematical calculations, and apply rules and regulations contained in federal law, state law and department procedures.
- Motivated self-starters who take initiative and who continually develop and upgrade their knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Write clear, concise, accurate, and informative correspondence and reports.
- Proficient use of Microsoft office, web browsers, and other applications. Use dual monitors to access and move between multiple programs.
- Demonstrated analytical thinking and decision-making skills and abilities.
- Individuals who can create and sustain a Customer Centered team and work environment; cooperative, courteous and responsive in all interactions.
- Organized, effectively prioritize and perform multiple tasks.
- Meet productivity standards, deadlines and work schedules; working to be efficient in the use of resources, work time and equipment.
- Professional, prompt, dependable, maintaining the highest levels of confidentiality and professionalism at all times.
- Bilingual persons of all languages are encouraged to apply. Consideration will be given to complete applications with an attached cover letter. Your cover letter will concisely describe how you meet the portion of the job posting, "Who should apply" and "What we are looking for".
Questions? Contact Christine Dominguez at 360.902.5241 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Application review starts immediately and the hiring authority reserves the right to offer the job at any time. It's to your advantage to apply quickly.
Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Prior to any new hire into L&I;, a background check, including criminal record history, will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
To apply, follow the "Apply" link above Jobs advertised as Open Continuous will be closed without notice. Apply quickly!
We're looking for evidence that you have what we're looking for. Your application materials will be used for deciding who'll be selected for interview.
For more information about the Department of Labor & Industries visit: http://www.lni.wa.gov/ OR Contact us at: Jobs@Lni.wa.gov
L&I; strives to attract and retain a high-performing and diverse workforce in which our differences are respected and valued to better meet the needs of the diverse customers we serve. L&I; fosters an inclusive environment that promotes safety, collaboration, flexibility and fairness so that all employees can participate and contribute to their full potential.
This position is represented by the Washington Federation of State Employees (WFSE).
Persons with a disability, who need assistance in the application process, or those needing this announcement in an alternative format, may call (360) 902-5700. Applicants that are deaf or hard of hearing may call through the Washington Relay Service at 7-1-1.
The State of Washington is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Salary: $3,948.00 - $5,179.00 Monthly
Location: Thurston County – Tumwater, WA
Job Type: Agency Internal - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Labor & Industries
Job Number: 2019-00351
Closing: 1/21/2019 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact