Washington State L&I Program Specialist 2, Tumwater in Tumwater, Washington
We are looking for a well-organized, customer service oriented, office professional to provide administrative assistance to our electrical inspector program team.
Our inspectors are instrumental in keeping Washington State consumers and workers safe by inspecting and enforcing compliance with our electrical licensing laws, state rules and the National Electrical Code. In this role you will play an integral part of the process to ensure that electrical installers and electrical installations are in compliance with Washington State laws and construction-industry standards.
As the key point of contact for the Electrical Inspector's Program serving as the Electrical Program Specialist 2, you will be the liaison between the Electrical Supervisor and internal and external customers; improving customer experience, ensure equitable distribution of daily electrical inspection workload to Electrical Inspectors and program consistency while allowing inspectors and supervisor to focus on inspections and compliance tasks.
Your initial success measured by:
- Your understanding of the Electrical Inspector's Supervisor and team activities and the mission and mandates of the Electrical Program.
- Your knowledge and application of RCW 19.28 laws and WAC 296-46B regulations to assist customers with questions and resolving complaints or conflicts.
Some of what you'll do
- Work collaboratively with electrical supervisor, leads and inspectors coordinating regional electrical activities of the inspectors such as equitable distribution of electrical inspection workload.
- Track incomplete compliance investigations and provide information so the Inspectors/Leads can ensure time is allotted to complete all tasks necessary to meet Scorecard goals for the program.
- Respond to and resolve regional and inter-office issues, non-personnel related.
- Respond to and resolve customer phone calls within the scope of knowledge and escalate more difficult calls to the supervisor, lead or inspector.
- Enter, track and maintain data to process highly sensitive (political or high risk) inspection requests (i.e. concerts, races, fairs, amusement parks etc).
- Coordinate and resolve problems throughout the workday with inspector requests activities between field inspectors, outside entities and customers.
- Partner with regional customer service program (electrical support) to improve and promote standard work processes for the program.
- Provide assistance with online services, agency program websites, fee structure, inspection access, corrections and the appeal process.
- Compile monthly and quarterly reports.
- Review and process permit refund requests.
- Assist supervisor with hiring activities.
Our ideal candidate:
- 4 years' experience delivering customer service in person and on the phone in a professional work environment.
- Ability to understand and explain statutes, rules and policies in plain language to the public.
- Skilled at responding professionally to high volume of calls.
- Great communicator with exceptional oral, written, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Working knowledge and understanding of the electrical industry or electrical contractor licensing and worker certification is desirable.
- Strong problem solving skills, analytical ability, able to exercise independent judgment and ability to produce positive outcomes.
- Experience in use of Microsoft products i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and other computer systems.
- Type 40 WPM with accuracy.
- Ability to review and analyze information and perform basic math calculations for use in preparation of correspondence, reports and other assigned tasks.
- Ability to speak with upset, hostile, demanding and difficult customers in a professional and courteous manner.
- Accomplished at multitasking and managing competing priorities consistently throughout the day
- Proven ability to manage confidential business matters, internal communications and files.
- A self-starter able to work independently, determining actions needed with minimal or no guidance.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Highly motivated, detail oriented, organized, with excellent follow-up skills.
- Exceptional coordination skills, ability to share information, arrange for services or other assistance, and implement solutions to problems and complaints.
- Critical thinker with demonstrated observation skills, and an acute attention to detail. Ability to review and analyze information for use in preparation of correspondence, reports and other assigned tasks.
- Able to easily take direction and give/receive constructive feedback.
- Valid Driver License with the ability to travel with occasional overnight stays.
Carefully review the duties, qualifications, skills and abilities to identify if you possess the necessary experience to be competitive for this position before applying. Your ability to follow the application instructions and demonstrate your experience is critical to be given further consideration.
Additional documentation requested during the application process
- Cover letter
- Typing assessment, that meets 4 minutes in length and a net WPM of 40. Your application will be considered incomplete without this assessment.
Click *HERE* for online typing assessment resources
_If you have and questions or concerns regarding this announcement, position, or agency please contact Christine Dominguez at 360.902.5241 or email email@example.com. _
This job announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Application review starts immediately and the hiring authority reserves the right to offer the job at any time. It's to your advantage to apply quickly.
Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Prior to any new hire into L&I;, a Background check, including criminal record history, will be conducted.
To apply, follow the "Apply" link above Jobs advertised as Open Continuous will be closed without notice. Apply quickly!
We're looking for evidence that you have what we're looking for. Your application materials will be used for deciding who'll be selected for interview.
For more information about the Department of Labor & Industries visit: http://www.lni.wa.gov/ OR Contact us at: Jobs@Lni.wa.gov
L&I; strives to attract and retain a high-performing and diverse workforce in which our differences are respected and valued to better meet the needs of the diverse customers we serve. L&I; fosters an inclusive environment that promotes safety, collaboration, flexibility and fairness so that all employees can participate and contribute to their full potential.
This position is represented by the Washington Federation of State Employees (WFSE). That means that, as a condition of employment, no later than the 30th day following the beginning of your employment, you must pay the WFSE either membership dues, a representation fee or, for bona fide religious non-associators an amount equal to dues to be used in a program within the union in harmony with the employee's conscience.
Persons with a disability, who need assistance in the application process, or those needing this announcement in an alternative format, may call (360) 902-5700. Applicants that are deaf or hard of hearing may call through the Washington Relay Service at 7-1-1.
The State of Washington is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Salary: $2,984.00 - $3,883.00 Monthly
Location: Thurston County – Tumwater, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Labor & Industries
Job Number: 2018-04891
Closing: 6/6/2018 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact