Washington State L&I DevOps Engineer, IT Systems Administration, Journey in Tumwater, Washington
Our Mission: Keep Washington Safe and Working! Our Values: Customer Focus, One L&I, Respect, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Learning and Growth, Reliability.* *
Please Note: This announcement is being used to fill multiple positions. This recruitment will remain open until filled. Application review will begin immediately, and the position(s) may be filled at any time.
Washington is America's Top State according to U.S. News (2019) and we provide one of the most competitive benefits packages in the nation. Here at the Department of Labor & Industries (L&I), we believe that your voice matters. We value our employees and offer flexible schedules that respect your work/life balance. In addition, L&I is a diverse state agency dedicated to the safety and health and security of Washington's 2.5 million workers. Learn more about L&I, the employer of choice here.
At L&I, we’ve begun the journey to become more Agile and to adopt DevOps processes and procedures. This position serves as a journey level administrator, joining L&I on its Agile and DevOps path by providing support for L&I’s existing development and production applications and application environments, as well as supporting and learning the Development Operations (DevOps) and Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (Cl/CD) environment and processes, which includes a wide variety of highly complex technologies within L&I. This position is a member of the WADS/DevOps IT team of systems engineers and is essential to rapid deployment of quality application products designed and implemented by L&l Product and Service Teams.
The* DevOps Web Application Development Services Engineer *position is on the Development and Operations IT Team, within the Application Infrastructure Support (AIS) core team in the Maintenance and Operations (M&O) program. The WADS team is crucial for agency application developer's productivity; therefore this position directly supports the agency's ability to do business. This position reports to the supervisor of the WADS Development Operations IT team.
Pursuant to the Governor’s Directive, 20-08, we will not be scheduling any furlough days until after July 2021. We are continuing to work with the Governor’s Office on the timing of any future furlough dates and adjusting to any future changes.
- Planning, installation, automation, and management of the agency-wide application development and deployment infrastructure, without which many complex mission critical client and web application systems would fail.
- Manage, and upgrade the agency's Team Foundation Server (TFS) source code management system, providing source code management, reporting, requirements management, project management, automated builds, lab management, testing and release management capabilities for all agency application development and project teams.
- Manage and maintain L&l's development environment Active Directory (AD) architecture to comply with and support industry agency and state designs, best practices, and security requirements. Plan and implement updates, modifications and solutions to AD, DNS, and Group Policy.
- Perform Domain Administrative functions within the development environment and domain. Manage the logical development hierarchies "Development" and "integration/test", containing over 200 Windows Servers, and 300 virtual and physical workstations.
- Perform research, analysis, support, troubleshooting, and brainstorming for technical issues over a wide variety of technologies, software, and systems.
- And much more!
A Bachelor's degree in computer science or related Information Technology field and 4 years of IT professional experience*
Associate of Arts degree in Computer Science or related Information Technology field and 6 years of IT professional experience (additional work experience may substitute year for year for education)*
Must have experience and/or knowledge of the following standards and technologies:
Microsoft IIS web server configuration/set-up
Source code control in Visual Studio/TFS
Cl/CD leveraging Azure DevOps
Azure DevOps best practices and methodologies
Windows Server 2008R2/2012R2/2016
Development tools and languages such as Visual Studio, HTML, ASP.Net, Java, WCF
Working knowledge of the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
DNS record creations/deletions
Network protocols and design
Active Directory design and maintenance
VMWare virtual environment configuration
*IT experience is defined as working full-time in a professional IT workplace. Experience includes but is not limited to Production deployments, TFS, DevOps, application development, analyzing, designing, implementing, and maintaining a windows based computing environment.
- Microsoft Windows, code repositories, system and network administration, web application development, database and database connectivity, and resource connectivity technologies. Web services implementation and administration; server, workstation and application troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of, and familiarity with client and web application development tools and languages and the ability to support the lifecycle from inception to delivery, as well as interacting with the application development teams to effectively apply systems engineering perspectives and process to software development, and to apply and monitor software configuration management methodologies.
- A+ (CompTIA Certification)
- Security+ (Comp TIA Certification)
- Network+ (Comp TIA Certification)
- VMWare Certification
- Azure/DevOps Certifications Supplemental Information
*Application Process: *
The top candidates will be contacted directly to interview for this position. Because the selection will be based on information provided by you, it is in your best interest to identify the knowledge, skills and abilities that address the mandatory and desirable qualifications described in the announcement.
Please include the following documents with your application: 1. A letter of interest describing specific qualifications. 2. A current resume detailing applicable experience and education. 3. A list of at least three professional references with current telephone numbers.
- Prior to appointment, a background check that includes a criminal record history review, will be conducted.
- Positions requiring travel must have a valid unrestricted driver's license and must be insured if driving a privately owned vehicle on state business.
- This position is represented by* the Washington Federation of State Employees (WFSE).*
- Candidates who are offered a job with L&I must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa now or in the future.
- Positions requiring skills assessments are administered using CodeSignal. Applicants who are selected to move forward in this hiring process will receive an email invitation within 3 weeks of your application being accepted. An applicant may complete the assessment when you are ready, but the invitation to complete their assessment will expire 5 days when this invitation was sent. Once you start the assessment, you will be required to complete it, you cannot start your assessment and then come back to it at a later time. Please look in your email inbox or spam as these invitations are sent by CodeSignal.
Applicants wishing to claim Veterans Preference should attach a copy of their DD-214 (Member 4 copy), NGB 22, or signed verification of service letter from the United States Department of Veterans Affairs to their application. Please blackout any personally identifiable data such as social security numbers. For further information, please contact us at Jobs@Lni.wa.gov.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Employer
Here at Labor and Industries our employees come from all walks of life as do we. We strive to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We believe in the importance of recognizing the value each of us contribute to the success of the mission of the agency. Having a diverse workforce is this agency’s greatest resource of strength and knowledge. It is through the combination of talents and abilities that we can pursue finding effective measures on how we can provide the best customer service. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone and we strongly mean everyone.
The State of Washington is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with a disability who need assistance in the application process or testing process, or those needing this announcement in an alternative format, may call (360) 902-5700. TTY users should first call 711 to access the Washington Relay Service.
You are welcome to include the name and pronoun you would like to be referred to in your materials and we will honor this as you interact with our award-winning diverse and inclusive organization.
If you have any questions regarding this announcement, program, or the agency please contact _Andrea Ballard at **email@example.com**._
Salary: $6,462.00 - $8,479.00 Monthly
Location: Thurston County – Tumwater, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Labor & Industries
Job Number: 2020-08262
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact