Washington State Infrastructure Services Server Support Manager (WMS2) in Tumwater, Washington
The Opportunity: The Washington State Department of Transportation is seeking a dynamic and experienced leader to fill the Infrastructure Services Server Support Manager position. This position will manage a group of fifteen highly skilled professionals who are collectively responsible for the performance and availability of the enterprise server and storage infrastructure, and associated enterprise services and applications. The incumbent will provide oversight for infrastructure projects, vendor negotiations and the development of service and operational agreements with customers, partners and service providers. The successful candidate will possess leadership and management skills in addition to expert knowledge in the design and implementation of server and storage infrastructure within a large enterprise. If you feel you have the experience and skills to fill this position, we encourage you to apply!
At WSDOT, we value the importance of creating an environment in which all employees can feel respected, included and empowered to bring unique ideas to the agency. Our diversity and inclusion efforts include embracing different cultures, backgrounds and perspectives whilefostering growth and advancement in the workplace. To learn more, please watch the following video:Why WSDOT?
This position will perform the following work:
- Leadership and management of a highly skilled technical team of fifteen enterprise server infrastructure support professionals.
- Manage resources in a manner that aligns enterprise server services, applications and their enabling infrastructure technologies with business requirements and the strategic goals of the Information Technology Division and Infrastructure Services.
- Facilitate the research, development and deployment of server, enterprise services and storage configuration standards, management policies and best practices necessary to meet service level and regulatory compliance goals.
- Coordinate the research, planning, acquisition and implementation of the enterprise server and storage infrastructure, and associated enterprise services and applications.
- Represent WSDOT in inter-agency projects, the Information Technology Division in agency-wide undertakings and Infrastructure Services in organizational matters as a technical and procedural expert with regard to enterprise server and storage infrastructure.
- Provide technical and financial consultation and metrics to management and business partners.
- Identify and communicate emerging technologies and needed changes in existing infrastructure.
- Work with Region management and IT staff to coordinate agency wide initiatives, assess applicability of current infrastructure design and future needs, and provide guidance in the use of technical standards and processes.
An ideal candidate for this position will have:
- A working knowledge of enterprise system architectures, multiple computing platforms and storage environments.
- Skills in leading technical staff to successfully deliver a broad array of infrastructure services within a complex and distributed technical environment.
- Solid knowledge of and demonstrated experience with project management principles and team management.
- Excellent written and presentation skills. The ability to prepare and deliver high-quality presentations and translate technical information to diverse audiences.
- Experience in financial management including base budget, cost management, budget tracking and reporting. The ability to prepare budget projections and perform cost/benefit analysis associated with large, complex projects and special project budget requests.
How to Apply:Applications for this recruitment will be accepted electronically. Please select the large "apply" button at the top of this announcement. You may need to set up an account profile. To be considered for this position you will need to answer the supplemental questions, as part of the supplemental questions you will need to provide a letter of interest. Your letter of interest should describe how your experience, training and education make you a viable and competitive candidate for this position.
Contact us:For inquiries about this position, please contact Erik Lunkeat 360-705-7747 or email to email@example.com. Please reference recruitment number 18DOT-WMS-0W217.
The Washington State Department of Transportation is an equal opportunity employer. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, disabled and Vietnam era veterans, and people of all sexual orientations and gender identities are encouraged to apply. Persons with disabilities needing assistance in the application process, or those needing this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the listed recruiter.
Salary: $80,844.00 - $103,632.00 Annually
Location: Thurston County – Tumwater, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Transportation
Job Number: 18DOT-WMS-0W217
Closing: 6/3/2018 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact