Washington State Human Resource Consultant 3 in Tumwater, Washington
At Revenue, we put employee safety first and foremost. This is why we will use every resource possible to ensure this hiring process stays within the current guidelines related to COVID-19. If selected to move forward, please be aware interviews will be conducted virtually using a webcam teleconferencing method. *_ _ *
* *At the Department of Revenue (DOR), we are motivated by our customers and employees. This is why we offer more than just a job; this is an opportunity to become part of a team in search of new and innovative ways to improve on an already positive environment. The Human Resources (HR) Division shares those same ideals, and by providing a path for a successful and challenging career such as this, the limits of our success are endless.
As a Human Resource Consultant 3 (HRC3), you will work under the supervision of the HR Program Manager while supporting and advising the personnel of assigned divisions with their HR needs. Your major duties include providing guidance on matters about conflict resolution, discipline, classification and compensation, general labor relations, leave, FMLA and reasonable accommodation. You will also review and update position descriptions and in-training plans for accuracy and realistic data.
Some other responsibilities include:
- Analyzing, interpreting, and consulting applicable policies, rules and the collective bargaining agreement.
- Participating in special projects, work groups, training, and committees.
- Preparing for and, conducting investigations as well as reporting findings.
- Supporting agency Diversity, Equity and Inclusion plan by providing training, facilitating meetings within the agency, conduct investigations or other activities as assigned.
- Providing assistance to other units in the division as needed and assigned.
- Leading HR project initiatives.
Revenue is a dynamic learning organization where you will experience a remarkable work-life balance, amazing leadership and talented co-workers ready and focused to achieve the agency's goals. We value diverse perspectives and life experiences. We employ and serve people of all backgrounds including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ+, people with disabilities, and veterans. This unique culture promotes a professional family of cohesive groups maximizing potential through opportunity. Visit this link to find out more about Revenue and read what our employees have to say about working here.
A Bachelor's degree with a focus on business, human resources, social or organizational behavior sciences, or related field AND two years of professional human resources experience.
Combination of equivalent education/experience that equal the above.
*In addition to the above qualifications, you must have the ability to: *
- Lead HR related project initiatives.
- Effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with a wide variety of clients on a daily basis. Maintain confidentiality.
- Work in a team environment.
- Use independent judgment during challenges and analyze complex information and apply specific area of need.
- Work with employees and managers in a respectful, sensitive, and compassionate manner.
- Remain flexible as changes occur in priorities, initiatives and regulations.
- Effectively facilitate problem solving.
Throughout our selection process, we will be evaluating candidates for knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors that align with the values and culture of DOR, and our high performing HR Team.
To be considered
- Complete the online application in detail, as it will be used as your initial resume.
- Attach a cover letter explaining how you meet the qualifications listed.
- Attach a one-page writing sample explaining your human resource advice to management on a topic of your choice. * Note - Incomplete or applications received without these materials, may not be considered.
*To take advantage of Veteran's preference, *please attach your DD-214, member 4 long form, or your NGB-22. Please blackout your social security number and date of birth before attaching.
Questions? Email email@example.com or call (360) 704-5738. Supplemental Information
This job announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies for up to 6 months.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
The Department of Revenue is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and offer a respectful, inclusive culture for people with disabilities, as well as members of all protected groups and statuses. We encourage you to apply.
If you need help during the application process, please call the Human Resources Office at 360-704-5731. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through the Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6388.
Salary: $4,509.00 - $5,913.00 Monthly
Location: Thurston County – Tumwater, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Revenue
Job Number: 2021-005
Closing: 1/20/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact