Washington State Fiscal Analyst 1 (DOH5155) in Tumwater, Washington
This Fiscal Analyst supports DOH programs by reviewing payment activity for compliance with GAAP, OFM and DOH administrative policies and procedures, performing in-depth research using SAAM, RCWs, and WACs, fiscal year end closing activities, and providing support to program and accounting staff.
The Office of Financial Services provides leadership and support for agency priorities and programs through quality financial and operational management including budgeting, contracting, grant management, fiscal monitoring purchasing, and accounting services. The division ensures financial compliance with state and federal laws, regulations and reporting requirements in addition to performing agency-wide financial activities. Financial Services’ commitment to customer service, innovation, accuracy and quality in partnership with fellow DOH staff and external customers supports the Department of Health’s vision in becoming reality.
This is a full-time, permanent Fiscal Analyst 1 (FA 1) position within Financial Services, Office of Accounting and Grants.
The duty station for this position is Tumwater, WA. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, telework (mobile-work) is currently expected. When approved to return, the incumbents are expected to report to the duty station for work activities.
About the Department of Health
Washington State Department of Health (DOH) works with federal, state, tribal, and local partners to help people in Washington stay healthy and safe. Our programs and services help prevent illness and injury, promote healthy places to live and work, provide education to help people make good health decisions, and ensure our state is prepared for emergencies.
Benefits of Working for DOH
Washington is America's Top State according to U.S. News (2019) and provides one of the most competitive benefits packages in the nation.
Tumwater is a vibrant city just south of Olympia, the state's capital, with a small-town feel conveniently situated between Seattle and Portland. Tumwater enjoys the benefits of an engaged and educated community and a well-supported school system, with two universities and a community college within a ten-mile radius.
A* *healthy life/work balance by offering flexible schedules and telework options for many positions.
- Growth and development opportunities.
- A wellness program that offers education, access to healthy food, and fitness classes.
- Opportunities to serve your community through meaningful work.
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion by fostering an inclusive environment that encourages all employees to bring their authentic selves to work.
- An Infant at Work Program that is based on the long-term health values of breastfeeding newborns and infant-parent bonding.
- A modernized workplace.
- Process all agency staff travel expense reimbursement requests.
- Review, analyze, verify and process all agency travel reimbursement claims for DOH employees, using Travel Expense Management System (TEMS).
- Process vendor payments associated with purchases for meals with meetings and other travel expenses.
- Provide travel training regarding TEMS and travel regulations.
- Reconciliation of assigned general ledger accounts.
- Administer the individual travel credit card program for DOH.
- Data entry into Capital Asset Management System (CAMS).
- Report taxable meals to payroll.
What we’re looking for
Success in this position requires one to be a team player, defined as having a driving passion for the work, bringing humility to their job and people interactions, and understanding how their words and actions affect others.
- Two (2) or more years of professional accounting or finance experience.
- Two (2) or more years of working knowledge in governmental accounting, including experience with WA State SAAM guidelines, RCWs, WACs, and other state policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated experience using MS Excel to create, modify, print, and format spreadsheets.
- 15 quarter or 9 semester credit hours of college-level course work in Accounting, Auditing or Budgeting.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a financial related field.
- Two (2) years of experience using Travel Expense Management System (TEMS).
- Demonstrated experience working independently under general supervision.
- Demonstrated experience establishing accounting methods to a variety of accounting transactions.
- Demonstrated experience using Web Intelligence.
- Demonstrated experience communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you. Click "Apply" to submit your detailed application profile along with the following:
- A letter of interest, describing how you meet the specific required and desired qualifications for this position
- A current resume.
- Three (3) or more professional references, to be included in your profile. Please include at least one supervisor, peer, and (if you have supervised staff) a subordinate.
Important Note: Do not attach documents that contain private information (social security number, date of birth, transcripts, etc.) or documents that are password protected. These documents will not be reviewed and may cause errors within your application when downloaded. Veterans, please feel free to attach a copy of your redacted DD214.
The Washington State Department of Health (DOH) is an equal opportunity employer. DOH strives to create a working environment that is inclusive and respectful. It is our policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of our workforce.
This is a position covered by a bargaining unit for which the Washington Federation of State Employees (WFSE) is the exclusive representative.
Conditions of Employment/Working Conditions With or without accommodation, I am willing and able to:
- Work the standard business hours of Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., but the incumbent may be expected to adjust the work schedule to meet business needs.
- Occasionally travel locally or regionally to attend or provide training.
- Support the agency’s emergency preparedness and response activities as needed.
If you have questions, need alternative formats or other assistance please contact Cher Williams at (360) 236-4545, firstname.lastname@example.org, or TDD Relay at 1-800-833-6384 or 711 (Washington Relay). Technical support is provided by NEOGOV, 855-524-5627 (can’t log in, password or email issues, error messages).
SUBSCRIBE to DOH Job Alerts
Only applicants who follow the directions and complete the Application Process in-full will have their responses reviewed for consideration.
Education and experience selected, listed and/or detailed in the Supplemental Questions must be verifiable on the detailed applicant profile submitted.
This recruitment may be used to fill other positions of the same job classification across the agency. Once all the position(s) from the recruitment are filled, the recruitment may only be used to fill additional open positions for the next sixty (60) days.
Salary: $3,144.00 - $4,083.00 Monthly
Location: Thurston County – Tumwater, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Health
Job Number: DOH5155
Closing: 11/1/2020 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact