Washington State Enterprise Results Manager in Tumwater, Washington
Enterprise Results Manager Enterprise Results Unit Office of the Secretary Headquarters – Tumwater, WA The first review of applications will be at COB Monday, March 08, 2021. The hiring manager reserves the right to make a hiring decision at any time during the recruitment process. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible
This recruitment may be used to fill multiple vacancies or any future vacancies
The Department of Corrections (DOC) is seeking an experienced, visionary and energetic leader to serve as an Enterprise Results Manager. This is your opportunity to join one of the most highly regarded correctional agencies in the country, operating in a transparent business and customer focused environment for long term success, which includes planning, project management, performance measurement and continuous improvements. This position is located in Tumwater, Washington. Work will be performed in the office and via telework. DOC adheres to strict safety and COVID guidelines for staff that work inside one of our facilities, such as requiring surgical masks while on site and providing daily screenings.
To begin the online Application Process:
- Click the green ‘APPLY’ button located at the top right corner of this job posting.
- Sign in or create an account.
- Be sure to attach the following to your completed application:
- A Cover Letter outlining your qualifications;
- A detailed chronological resume;
- And at least three (3) professional references with a phone number and an email address for each.
- Click ‘ACCEPT & SUBMIT’ to submit your application. * Incomplete application packages may disqualify you from the process.*
We are looking for evidence in your application materials that you have the experience, skills, and abilities indicated in this job posting. Qualified applicants whose responses most closely match the requirements of this position may be invited to interview. Carefully review your application before submitting. All information may be verified, and documentation may be required.
*Agency Profile: * Our mission at the Department of Corrections (DOC) is to 'improve public safety by positively changing lives'. With a vast number of innovative sustainability programs, and evidence-based practices used to reduce recidivism, Washington State is highly regarded as a strong leader in the field of Corrections. For additional information about our agency, please visit doc.wa.gov. Duties
As an Enterprise Results Manager you’ll serve one or more of the DOC Divisions as the senior professional providing performance leadership and direction to those leadership teams, managers and staff. You will be responsible for managing portfolios of projects with long term enterprise impact to policy, budget and resource allocation. Through the implementation and sustainment of integrated outcome based management (Results DOC), you will contribute to strengthening the agency for achieving results by connecting staff work at all levels and across unit, department and division lines to furthering DOC strategic goals and objectives (priorities).
- Strategic Planning: Plan, develop and administer comprehensive division business plans that have budget implications and provide specific division strategies, activities and measures to achieve DOC priorities. Provide input to decision making regarding division strategies, priorities, service delivery and program development that has long term impact on agency mission and operational effectiveness.
- Project Management: Design, administer and manage projects whose objectives it is to further DOC goals and objectives. Establish and monitor standards for portfolio project management, change management and continuous improvement efforts. Provide leadership and consultation throughout the agency in project management standards and methods.
- Performance Measurement: Design, develop, and administer dashboards and scorecards of performance and outcome measures related to the work of DOC initiatives and objectives. Provide leadership and direction related to data set development, analysis, performance, and process improvement strategies at the agency, division and department levels.
- Continuous Improvement: Develop organizational capacity for employee engaged problem solving and continuous improvement. Advise and coach people in regard to the agency's outcome based management system. Design, lead and manage enterprise level problem solving and improvement projects. Qualifications
The successful candidate must have the following:
Bachelor’s degree in public administration, business administration, social science or closely allied field from an accredited institution whose accreditation is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education or the County of Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or a foreign equivalent, AND two (2) years experience in project, change and/or performance management or any combination thereof. Additional years of experience (over two) may substitute year for year for education requirements over a minimum of 90 credits.
One (1) year professional experience creating presentations using power point, visio, excel, publisher and other presentation and data software.
One (1) year professional experience presenting materials and data to high-level stakeholders and decision makers utilizing project time lines and data information.
Excellent communication skills, ability to work effectively with both employees and managers. Able to convey a positive and professional image to employees and external contacts. Ability to develop and maintain business relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Strong influence, change management and relationship building skills. Proactively and energetically engage and lead employees, instilling desire to embrace change and improve the quality of their work.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Skilled level Project Management and Facilitation experience: successful management and implementation of projects impacting a large organization (1,000 + employees with satellite location(s) utilizing Project Management Institute principles, techniques, and tools throughout the entire project lifecycle: initiate, plan, execute, monitor and control, and close.
- Skilled level experience in development, coordination and implementation of a large organization (1,000 + employees with satellite location(s) Performance Management and Continuous Improvement systems.
- Skill, ability and desire to adopt standard work and governance.
- Skill and ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment with competing demands.
- Knowledge, skill, ability and comfort to drive to results where ambiguity exists.
- Skill and ability to coach, guide and lead others across authority lines and at all levels.
- Skill and ability to use technology and computer systems to improve efficiency, accuracy, accountability and quality of work including Microsoft (MS) Project, Visio, Outlook, and SharePoint.
- Knowledge, skill and ability to analyze information, define problems and objectives, formulate logical and objective conclusions, recognize alternatives, and make recommendations to decision makers.
- Knowledge, skill, ability and desire to independently develop complete and formal documents for others’ review and signature, and public consumption.
Knowledge, skill, ability and desire to develop complete and professional project deliverables such as charters, work breakdown structures, project plans and schedules, status reports, flow charts, communication plans, readiness assessments, training, learning and reference materials, and project libraries. Preferred:
PMP certification from Project Management Institute (or other such recognized certifying body), Project Management Certification(s). *The ideal candidate will exemplify the core values the Department seeks in all of its employees; those who are honest, have a strong work ethic, are dependable, achieve results independently and through teamwork, and convey dignity and respect. *
Mission: The mission of DOC is to improve public safety by positively changing lives. Our Vision: Working together for safer communities. Our Commitment: To operate a safe and human corrections system and partner with others to transform lives for a better Washington. *Our Core Values: *
- Cultivate an environment of integrity and trust: Corrections values partnership and trust. We foster openness and support courageous conversations. We are committed to doing what we say we are going to do by being accountable and taking personal ownership in our actions.
- Respectful and inclusive interactions: Corrections appreciates and values individuals by promoting an inclusive and diverse environment, which encourages safety. We respect, value, and listen to the thoughts, feelings, and perspectives of our stakeholders and consider the impact on those we serve as well as each other.
- People's safety: Corrections believes in creating an environment that values physical, mental, and emotional security and well-being. We honor those who advance safety for all.
- Positivity in words and actions: At Corrections, we assume positive intentions and believe there is a shared desire for the best outcome. We consistently demonstrate positive behavior and always put forth our best effort.
- Supporting people's success: Corrections is committed to our community – understanding individuals, instilling hope, embracing change, and providing opportunities
For additional information about the agency, please visit doc.wa.gov.
Please include a minimum of three professional references with your application. A professional reference is defined as an individual who has been paid to supervise your work and can attest to your work performance, technical skills, and job competencies. If you do not have any or sufficient professional references, please include non-related professionals, such as educators or other professional associates. *Phone number *AND_ email address are required for all professional references._
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
- Employees may work directly with or in close proximity to incarcerated individuals in a potentially hazardous setting. Please consider this when deciding whether to apply.
- We are committed to maintaining a drug and alcohol free work environment, and our employees are expected to comply with all state and federal laws. DOC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, honorably discharged veteran, veteran status, genetic information, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability. For questions about this recruitment, or to request reasonable accommodation in the application process, please email DOCHQHRRECRUITMENTS@DOC1.WA.GOV or call us at (360) 789-2472. For TTY service, please call the Washington Relay Service at 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6388.
Salary: $6,386.00 - $8,174.00 Monthly
Location: Thurston County – Tumwater, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Corrections
Job Number: 2021-01405
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact