Washington State Assistant Bridge Asset Manager - Bridge Engineer 5 in Tumwater, Washington
The Opportunity: The Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) and Structures Office is seeking an experienced professional engineer to fill the vacancy of Assistant Bridge Asset Manager - Bridge Engineer 5* in Tumwater, WA.*
This position will implement the new AASHTO Bridge Asset Management software (BrM) which is used to meet the FHWA requirements established in the MAP-21 Federal Funding rules. This position will also manage several WSDOT Bridge Preservation Programs including, Bridge Seismic Retrofit; Scour Mitigation and Bridge Repair. This position supports WSDOT's mission "To provide and support safe, reliable and cost effective transportation options to improve livable communities and economic vitality for people and businesses" by identifying 10 years of preservation needs for WSDOT's bridge network.
At WSDOT, we value the importance of creating an environment in which all employees can feel respected, included and empowered to bring unique ideas to the agency. Our diversity and inclusion efforts include embracing different cultures, backgrounds and perspectives whilefostering growth and advancement in the workplace. To learn more, please watch the following video:Why WSDOT?
This position will perform the following work:
- Implement the AASHTO BrM software for the WSDOT Bridge Network.
- Review the Bridge Management System (BMS) element inspection data to develop deterioration rates and recommend an expected service life for a variety of Bridge Elements.
- Review existing WSDOT contract information and other sources to develop bridge element repair and replacement costs.
- Create outputs from the BrM software as needed.
- Coordinate with other Asset Management staff on the implementation of the AASHTO BrM software.
- Manage the Bridge Repair Program and determine the Bridge Repair scopes of work to be addressed through statewide contracts including an estimate of the repair and or replacement costs.
- Manage the Bridge Scour mitigation program and determine the Bridge Scour scopes of work to be addressed through statewide contracts including an estimate of the bridge item costs.
- Determine the Bridge Seismic scopes of work to be addressed through statewide contracts including an estimate of the bridge item costs.
- Provide a recommendation for initial priorities for a 10 year plan.
- Use Microsoft Access databases to store BMS related information for the functions performed above
- Other duties as assigned.
An ideal candidate for this position will have:
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Washington State Civil Professional Engineer License
- A thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Access, PowerPoint, and Excel computer software.
- A thorough knowledge of WSDOT's Bridge Inspection manual and processes.
- Thorough knowledge of the National Bridge Inspection Standards.
- Thorough knowledge of WSDOT Bridge Inspection policies and procedures.
- Valid driver's license
How to Apply:Applications for this recruitment will be accepted electronically. Please select the large "apply" button at the top of this announcement. You may need to set up an account profile. To be considered for this position you will need to answer the supplemental questions, as part of the supplemental questions you will need to provide a letter of interest. Your letter of interest should describe how your experience, training and education make you a viable and competitive candidate for this position.
Contact us:For inquiries about this position, please contact Erik Lunkeat 360-705-7747 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference recruitment number 18DOT-HQ-00205.
The Washington State Department of Transportation is an equal opportunity employer. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, disabled and Vietnam era veterans, and people of all sexual orientations and gender identities are encouraged to apply. Persons with disabilities needing assistance in the application process, or those needing this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the listed recruiter.
Salary: $69,240.00 - $93,156.00 Annually
Location: Thurston County – Tumwater, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Transportation
Job Number: 18DOT-HQ-00205
Closing: 4/30/2018 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact