BrandSafway Project Engineer in Tukwila, Washington
Spider® is a division of SafeWorks LLC, the largest manufacturer and distributor of powered suspended access and safety solutions in North America, serving more customers with a wider variety of products and services than any other company. Learn more at www.spiderstaging.com.
SafeWorks LLC, is a subsidiary of BrandSafway, a leading global provider of access, specialized services, and forming and shoring solutions to the industrial, commercial and infrastructure end markets. SafeWorks LLC, is the global leader in powered suspended access solutions for commercial construction, elevator, infrastructure, power generation, offshore and wind energy markets. Since the introduction of the original Spider work basket in 1947, we have been designing, manufacturing, distributing and services suspended scaffolding and fall protection solutions to end users and through equipment dealers under the Spider, Power Climber, Power Climber Wind and DualLift brands.
SafeWorks designs, manufactures, sells and rents Suspended Access (suspended scaffolding) systems for commercial and industrial applications along with Service Lifts (elevators) and Climb Assist products for Wind Turbine applications. The factory and company headquarters is located in Tukwila, Washington with sales branches and manufacturing facilities located in the US and Internationally.
The Project Engineer provides design and application engineering to provide solutions for permanent installed window washing systems for buildings. Responsibilities will include engineering systems for permanent install window washing equipment for projects including both standard products and design of custom equipment for projects from concept through execution under direction of an engineering supervisor.
An ideal candidate must have solid technical knowledge, ability to work with cross functional teams including sales and manufacturing; and be able to interface with customers and branch personnel. Be highly motivated, proactive, detail oriented and accountable. Self-started with consistent experience exceeding goals, positive attitude and high energy. Strong customer relations skills and excellent communication skills.
This role is expected to:
• They will need to be flexible and comfortable in multiple roles to support different areas of the engineering department when needed.
• In this role, the candidate will take responsibility for engineering projects from concept phase through job execution.
• Tasks will include Bid document reviews included drawings and written specifications.
• Creating cost and pricing worksheets, submittal drawings, and calculations packages along with obtaining customer approvals as required to support the project.
• At times the project engineer may also perform project management/coordination functions including managing schedule of deliverables.
• Other duties may include sustaining engineering efforts for standard products including design changes, cost reduction, and manufacturing changes.
• The design work scope encompasses applying a fleet of standard products in engineered solutions as well as augmenting the standard products with custom design components and assemblies as needed.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
To perform the job successfully, an individual should be able to utilize the following skills:
• Project management skills
• Strong computer skills including AutoCAD and SolidWorks
• FEA and simulation capabilities a plus.
• Strong mechanical/structural design skills
• Familiar with commercial construction process a plus.
• Familiar with fabrication methods including casting, machining, forging, welding and finishing of steel and aluminum a plus.
• Familiar with reading drawings: architectural and structural drawing familiarity a plus.
• Familiar with ANSI/ASME Y14.5 a plus.
• Familiar with reading and understand code language (OSHA, ASME, etc.).
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Authorized to work in the United States
• Enthusiasm for working in a technically demanding, and exciting environment.
• Strong work ethic and team player attributes
• Travel up to 10%.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, civil or structural engineering required.
• Successful completion of the EIT required.
• 2 – 5 years of experience in mechanical/structural engineering.
• Microsoft Office proficiency.
Job Ref: SW20 - L010
BrandSafway, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, special disabled or Vietnam or other era veteran status. Notice to all potential job candidates Please be advised that BrandSafway will never require or ask for any fee from you in exchange for being considered, hired, promoted, transferred or having ongoing employment with us. It is a violation of our Code of Conduct if any employee requests any money or fee from you in exchange for any special treatment or consideration. If anyone, regardless whether an existing employee, or anyone else, requests payment of any fee in exchange for being hired into our company, you may confidentially contact our HR Compliance department at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the name of the individual and any other documentation or proof of such an act.
- BrandSafway Jobs