Washington State Kiosk Customer Service Specialist - King County in Tukwila, Washington
We make Imagination happen. Not often does an opportunity come around where every single day at work you get to inspire dreams, have fun and do good. But that's exactly what we're all about. For more then 35 years, we've been enriching the imaginations of Washingtonians by helping them imagine all the possibilities of what they could do if they won. We've also been giving back to the state in more ways than you may realize. From the student who receives a college grant, to the convenience store owner supporting their family, to the CenturyLink Stadium employee; we've given billions to players and beneficiaries across the state over the years.
When it comes right down to it, we don't just sell amazing games that give people a chance to dream, we also do good. Because doing good is good to do.
Be a part of the fun by joining Washington's Lottery.
Benefits that matter to you.
- Work-Life Balance - We have flexible hours that let you put in a good day's work, while still giving you time for your life outside of this awesome job.
- Always an awesome time - You'll get to help out at selling events like the Seahawks Playoffs and Sounders Celebrations. And, you'll always have fun when you take part in the big jackpot winner celebrations and game launch events that happen throughout the year.
*The primary work site will be SeaTac Airport. The employee may also work at South Center Mall, and Tacoma Mall. The duration is undetermined at this time.
**In addition to the Lottery's requirement for a background check, the employee in this position will also need to satisfy the background requirements for airport access, which may include fingerprinting.
*This position will have variable hours which may include early mornings, weekends, evenings, and holidays to best align with high-traffic times. We believe the hours will be approximately 24 to 32 per week. The employee will be assigned to the kiosk location and will be required to adhere to a schedule that will ensure adequate kiosk coverage during specified hours.
As the Kiosk Customer Service Specialist, you will engage with the public in the immediate and general area. Sell Lottery products, greet Lottery customers, explain how to play games, process claims, and assist with completion of necessary forms. Assist customers with Lottery vending machine and respond to specific game/odds/promotion questions. Keep point-of-sale, game information, and winning numbers up to date in the lobby for customer convenience. Perform daily balancing as needed.
Interpret policies, procedures, RCWs, WACs, and laws pertaining to ticket validation, and game rules. Using approved prize payment process, validate winning tickets for customers.
Education and Experience
We are looking for someone who has: Experience providing assistance to clients/customers regarding inquiries, complaints or problems. Successful completion of coursework in customer service is desirable.
One to three years of experience in a position in which a major duty involved the following (experience may be gained concurrently):
- Working in a retail customer service environment.
- Reading, comprehending, interpreting, and retaining information from written material, including rules, regulations, RCWs, or WACs.
- Explaining complex or technical information regarding rules, rights, regulations, policies, procedures, programs, or services to answer questions, resolve problems, communicate decisions or actions, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be positive, friendly, approachable and outgoing. Able to approach strangers to stimulate interest in the products/promotions offered, proactively build internal and external relationships and demonstrate a passion for engaging with others.
- Willingness to represent the agency with professional enthusiasm and excitement at all times when dealing with winners, players, and retailers.
- Solid understanding of the WACs and policies regarding prize payment and debt checks. Solid understanding of all applicable Sales and Customer Service policies, procedures and practices. Able to apply regulations to situations properly.
- Represents the agency in a professional manner. Able to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing. Willing and able to seek out necessary information in order to develop a complete understanding of a situation and determine the appropriate course of action.
- Able to explain policies, requirements and processes in a way the customer can easily understand.
- Promotes cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables. Knows and supports teammates' work and deliverables. Helps teammates who need or ask for support or assistance. Encourages team unity through sharing information and expertise, working together to solve problems, and putting team success first.
- Able to handle complaints, even when handling unhappy and/or difficult customers, while maintaining a professional, pleasant and helpful demeanor. Listen attentively, identify issues, provide options, fulfill services, and/or exercise knowledge of laws and regulations to assist others and/or resolve complaints or conflicts.
- Able to work independently and achieve excellent results with little need for oversight.
- Able to use automated information systems to obtain and analyze a situation to reconstruct what occurred.
- Willing and able to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintain them over time.
- Displays a customer service orientation – shows empathy for the customer's situation, is not judgmental, demonstrates a genuine desire to help the customer.
- Able to adapt easily to changing business needs, conditions and work responsibilities. Adapt approach, goals and methods to achieve successful solutions and results in dynamic situations.
How to Apply
If you are viewing this job announcement online, click Apply above.
If you received a printed copy of this job announcement:
- Go to www.careers.wa.gov
- Click Look for Jobs
- Click on Filter, then Department, select Washington's Lottery
- Click on Kiosk Customer Service Specialist 2 - King County
- Click Apply
Application review will begin immediately. We reserve the right and may exercise the option to make a hiring decision at any time. It will be to the applicants's advantage to submit materials as soon as possible.
If you have questions, or need further information, please call (360) 890-2856.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
Employee of the Lottery and their family members who reside in the same household are precluded by law from participating in the Lottery games.
We value diversity and inclusion and are committed to providing equal employment opportunity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, disability, use of a guide dog or trained service animal due to a disability, familial status, marital status, honorably discharged veteran and military status, or status as a breastfeeding mother. Persons needing accommodation in the application/testing process or this announcement in an alternative format may call Human Resource at (360) 890-2856. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call (360) 810-2849 for assistance.
Salary: $15.21 - $19.21 Hourly
Location: King County – Tukwila, WA
Job Type: Part Time - Non-Permanent
Department: Washington's Lottery
Job Number: 11-2018
Closing: 11/25/2018 4:30 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact