Toppenish Medical-Dental Clinic Certified Medical Assistant in TOPPENISH, Washington
Toppenish Medical-Dental Clinic Location Toppenish Medical-Dental Clinic City Toppenish Employment duration: Full time Exempt Status: Non-exempt ID: 11392 YVFWC has a compulsory vaccination policy including the Covid-19 primary series, the organization does not mandate the Covid-19 booster although it is offered through our employee health department. Medical and religious exemptions to the primary series will be considered and for those approved, the employee should anticipate following appropriate guidance around masking and other protective equipment offered. Performs various administrative and clinical duties under the direct supervision of a Provider. Acts as a liaison between patients and physicians, interacting with patients to collect data and provide information. Works directly with healthcare Providers to maintain patient records, collect test samples, and assist in basic examinations. What We Offer
- Sign-on bonus of \$4,000 *in first paycheck and *\$1,000 at 12 months of employment.
- \$18-\$22/hour DOE with ability to go higher for highly experienced candidates.
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; profit sharing, 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays, uniform allowance, and more.
- Maintains patient medical records, updating patient medical history, current status including vital signs, medical treatments and medication provided. Reviews and updates patient immunization records.
- Prepares for patient visits. Reviews the patient file, including requests for labs, referrals and correspondence. Verifies and ensures necessary reports are present. Provides updates to Provider team as needed.
- Collaborates with Providers to ensure efficiency of schedules and continuity of care. Discusses patients scheduled for the day including pre-visit prep.
- Prepares and maintains patient exam rooms, ensuring that appropriate supplies are in the room and that necessary equipment is present and sterilized.
- Prepares patient for examinations, explaining medical treatment procedures as needed.
- Provides limited education and/or coaching for patients within scope. This includes discharge information and/or responding to follow-up questions. Instructs patients about medication and possible allergic reactions.
- Responds to patients\' questions and concerns in person and via email exchange. If the question is outside of scope, directs inquiries to appropriate person.
- Assists physician during examinations, procedures, treatments, and minor office surgeries.
- Anticipates Providers\' needs and manages Providers\' requests.
- Collects and prepares laboratory specimens. Completes screenings. Collects and reviews patient data per protocol. Follows up on test results as directed by healthcare Providers. Documents specimens collected and results in electronic medical record (EMR).
- Prepares and administers medication as directed by a physician.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Performs clinical responsibilities in alignment with The Joint Commission (TJC), Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), and YVFWC requirements.
*Education: *Minimum of a high school diploma or GED that is accredited by a regional or national accrediting agency approved by the US Department of Education is required. Graduation from a medical assisting training program (may be a one-year certificate/diploma program or a two-year