CommonSpirit Health RN- Interventional Pain, Per Diem in TACOMA, Washington
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S., from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services, CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources, CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities, advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable, and innovating how and where healing can happen, both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
This per diem RN job is responsible for providing nursing care to patients admitted to the Interventional Pain Care service operating primarily at St. Joseph Medical Center and St. Anthony Hospital.
Additional Essential Job Functions:
Performs pain assessment and completes up-to-date medication(s) list.
Applies appropriate interventional techniques to maintain and assure the safety of the patient.
Applies knowledge of pain medications and the nursing implications associated with them.
• Previous Interventional Radiology/Interventional Pain Management experience, including pain procedural care and assessment; OR
• Two years of work experience in an acute care setting (e.g. Med/Surg).
Successful completion of department specific orientation.
• Knowledge of spinal anatomy and spinal disease pathophysiology.
• Knowledge of protocols and techniques for caring for a patient undergoing cervical/lumbar procedures, including ESI, TFE, facet joints, SI joints, facet ablations, blood patch, hip injections, nerve blocks and discograms.
• Knowledge of the impact of chronic pain and associated behavior on the daily life of the patient/caregiver.
• Knowledge of pain medications and the nursing implications associated with them.
• Knowledge of procedural sedation, including intra- and post-procedure.
• Knowledge of the purpose and techniques relating to fluoroscopy.
• Knowledge of IV Start Skills.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
to learn more about a career at CommonSpirit Health and experience #humankindness.
CommonSpirit Health™ is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
External hires must pass a post offer, pre-employment background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with an arrest and/or conviction will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, ban the box laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (415) 438-5575 and let us know the nature of your request . We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.
Requisition ID 2020-129929
Employment Type Per Diem
Department Interventional Radiology
Hours Per Pay Period 0
Facility CHI Franciscan St. Joseph Medical Center
Standard Hours 7 am - 7:30 pm
Work Schedule 12 Hour
- CommonSpirit Health Jobs