CommonSpirit Health Respiratory Therapist in TACOMA, Washington
As the flagship hospital of CHI Franciscan Health, St. Joseph Medical Center continues to be the regional leader in the use of advanced medical technologies and therapies. The 361-bed regional medical center is a level II trauma center with a Level III NICU and partnership with nationally-recognized Seattle Children’s Neonatology team.
This is an outstanding opportunity for an individual who wishes to specialize in neonatal respiratory care, is in need of benefits and prefers flexibility in their schedule. The ideal candidate will have experience in a Level III or IV NICU. However a highly motivated new graduate respiratory therapist will be considered.
As a neonatal respiratory therapist in our Level III NICU you will serve as a valued member of a multidisciplinary team.
You will collaborate with neonatologists and neonatal nurse practitioners to make recommendations to develop care plans which provide outstanding respiratory care.
Your responsibilities will include newborn resuscitation, patient assessment and endotracheal intubation. You will provide all aspects of respiratory care to newborns on conventional and high frequency mechanical ventilation, non-invasive ventilation, bubble CPAP and high flow nasal cannula.
You will also provide airway care and respiratory treatments such as delivery of therapeutic gases, inhaled medications and surfactant replacement therapy. Additional responsibilities include performing arterial and capillary blood sampling and point of care testing utilizing I- STAT analyzers.
What We Have To Offer To You:
• Exciting opportunity to help grow our developing unit in partnership with Seattle Children’s Hospital
• Highly collegial team
• Opportunity to work with highly skilled team
• Faith-based culture with commitment to our Core Values of Reverence, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence where we value positive team players
• Financial support for specialty certifications
• Tuition assistance for advanced degrees
• Opportunities for career growth within the growing and highly successful CHI Franciscan Health system
• Competitive wages, incentives and a generous employee benefits program
• Requires graduation from a school of Respiratory Therapy approved by the National Board of Respiratory Care.
• 1 year experience as a respiratory care practitioner in a Level III or IV NICU is preferred but not required.
• License to practice as a Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) through the Washington State Department of Health is required.
• Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) Credential through the National Board of Respiratory Care required.
• Current healthcare provider BLS certification
• Completion of the Neonatal Resuscitation Provider (NRP) program or obtain within 30 days of hire date.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply, or can't find a relevant opportunity?
to learn more about a career at CommonSpirit Health and experience #humankindness.
CommonSpirit Health™ is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
External hires must pass a post offer, pre-employment background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with an arrest and/or conviction will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, ban the box laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (415) 438-5575 and let us know the nature of your request . We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.
Requisition ID 2020-135485
Employment Type Part Time
Department Respiratory Therapy
Hours Per Pay Period 72
Facility CHI Franciscan St. Joseph Medical Center
Standard Hours Night Shift
Work Schedule 12 Hour
- CommonSpirit Health Jobs