Catholic Health Initiatives Marketing Program Manager in Tacoma, Washington
Marketing Program Manager
CHI FranciscanTacoma, Washington
Requisition ID 2021-168192 Employment Type Full Time Department Marketing Department Hours/Pay Period 80 Shift Day Standard Hours 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Remote No
In 2020, united in a fierce commitment to deliver the highest quality care and exceptional patient experience, Virginia Mason and CHI Franciscan Health came together as natural partners to build a new health system centered around the patient: Virginia Mason Franciscan Health. Our combined system builds upon the scale and expertise of our nearly 300 sites of care, including 11 hospitals and nearly 5,000 physicians and providers. Together, we are empowered to make an even greater impact on the health and well-being of our communities.
CHI Franciscan and Virginia Mason are now united to build the future of patient-centered care across the Pacific Northwest. That means a seamlessly connected system offering quality care close to home. From basic health needs to the most complex, highly specialized care, our patients can count on us to meet their needs with convenient access to the region’s most prestigious experts and innovative treatments and technologies.
This job is responsible for planning, managing and executing strategic marketing and communications activities for Virginia Mason Franciscan Health (VMFH) including providing expert marketing consultation in support of integrated, strategic marketing needs of the assigned functional area. An incumbent leads a team, including direct report(s) and agency partners, in developing strategic marketing, advertising, and media campaigns. Work includes responsibility for identifying marketing opportunities through evaluation of market intelligence and a thorough assessment of the "competitive" environment associated with a project, synthesizing findings and developing approaches to appropriately position VMFH in the marketplace. Also includes responsibility for measuring and reporting outcomes, administration of assigned budgets and supervising a small professional staff engaged in marketing/communications activities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
MARKETING AND PROMOTION
• Develops, implements and manages marketing plans, strategies and tactics that reflect Virginia Mason Franciscan Health strategic vision and to help achieve targets and goals in assigned functional areas as well as increase awareness and preference for the brand.
• Integrates information and strategies with other Marketing and Communications staff in an effort to develop a seamless marketing system. Initiates market/competitive analysis and supporting research and data from Strategy & Integration team; initiates public relations tactics with media relations, develops communications tactics in coordination with communications team and acts as the liaison with the assigned service/product line.
• Supports progress in digital marketing strategy utilizing the suite of tools in the marketing technology stack, applying strategic use of multiple marketing and communications channels to reach marketing customers and achieve growth goals. Works in collaboration with digital strategies manager and related colleagues and vendors for digital marketing activities including social media, e-newsletters, search engine and other Web marketing and Web development.
• Works with advertising agency of record and other external vendors to identify and/or implement marketing strategies to achieve measureable tactics in support of Virginia Mason Franciscan Health’s brand, programs and services, monitors consultant performance to ensure compliance with contract provisions and conformance with Virginia Mason Franciscan Health standards.
• Meet regularly with leaders, physicians and staff of assigned functional areas to ensure marketing efforts are clearly understood.
• Coordinates development of advertising/promotional campaigns; develops and oversees implementation of special events.
• Partners with digital strategies manager to develop and implement web content and consumer engagement tactics.
• Develops collateral and other promotional tools as needed to support Virginia Mason Franciscan Health’s strategic vision and business development goals.
• Partners with external marketing team to plan media and public relations efforts.
• Ensures work is performed in a timely manner; develops effective and cooperative relationships with leadership peers, and others within the organization and medical community to implement strategic initiatives in support of organizational goals.
BUBUSINESS DEVELOPMENT AND RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
• Cultivates and maintains professional relationships with primary clients, vendors, and external entities to foster opportunities for enhanced customer services and to influence business objectives positively.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
BUDGET AND RESOURCE ADMINISTRATION
• Participates in the preparation and administration of the annual operating budget for the department; exercises effective cost control to stay within budget; approves expenditures within defined scope of responsibility; identifies variances and develops action plan to address; keeps supervisor apprised of all issues with potential for budgetary impact; negotiates and manages agreements with vendors to ensure smooth operation and consistent return on investment.
• Ensures effective communication of initiatives and programs affecting the entire organization to facilitate performance and process improvements in keeping with strategic objectives and regulatory requirements; advocates and provides direction for change management.
• Participates in the development/updating of policies/procedures; implements/evaluates new/revised policies/ procedures to ensure consistency and compliance with applicable regulatory requirements; ensures internal guidelines are documented and understood.
• Evaluates the effectiveness of plans and tactics, including conducting return-on-investment measurements whenever possible; ensures quality and accuracy of materials produced and compliance with corporate graphic and other standards.
• Participates, as a member of the department management team, in short- and long-term planning activities, participates in developing/implementing projects to address current and future needs to support business objectives.
• Interprets and ensures compliance with applicable regulatory standards and requirements; keeps abreast of new/changing regulatory requirements, professional standards and competitive industry practices, as well as organizational initiatives/changes with potential to impact current operations; monitors impact on existing activities to maintain service levels and work quality.
Performs related duties as required.
Education/Work Experience Requirements
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Marketing, Journalism, Communications, Public Relations or closely-related field, and a minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible related work experience.
CommonSpirit Health™ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to
a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status,
ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected
by law. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant,
pleaseclick here. (https://tbcdn.talentbrew.com/company/35300/img/v1_0/EEOLawPoster.pdf)
CommonSpirit Health™ will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).
External hires must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with an arrest and/or conviction will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, ban the box laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (415) 438-5575 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
CommonSpirit Health™ participates in E-Verify.
- CommonSpirit Health Jobs