Washington State DCYF - Fiscal Analyst 2 - Tacoma in Tacoma, Washington
The Department of Children, Youth, and Families is a new cabinet agency in Washington State that has been established for the purpose of delivering existing services in a way that produces better outcomes for children, youth, and families served by the State of Washington.
We're looking for professionals to join our team to help build DCYF, working toward the common goal of eliminating child and youth outcome disparities based on race and ethnicity. The vision from the legislature is that "All Washington's children and youth grow up safe and healthy-thriving physically, emotionally, and educationally, nurtured by family and community."
The Opportunity: Ready for your accounting experience to pay off? We need your fiscal expertise to perform professional accounting and financial review duties at the Department of Children, Youth and Families (DCYF) Regional Operations Center in Tacoma.
Some of what you'll do:
- Prepare and analyze financial and/or management reports.
- Develop and maintain fiscal record keeping systems and spreadsheets, analyze for trends or problems and assist in resolution or corrective action.
- Prepare expenditure reports and consult with management staff to provide them with accurate financial data.
- Prepare, compile and provide monthly fiscal reports, interpreting trends and reporting up to management. Prepare year end reports to complete assignments with fiscal year end.
- Prepare accruals, review and input accrual batches for operations and bills for, to include client and program specific items.
- Research expenditures and track expenditures to assist with fiscal year estimates.
- Perform fiscal monitoring of various types of payments to ensure that contractor billings are paid in accordance with the contract terms.
- Prepare logs for disbursement corrections, rotational agreements, work study students, and Federal Funding Correction of Payments
- Submit approved payments into Financial Toolbox or the Accounting Financial Reporting System (AFRS).
What we are looking for: Professionals who have a Bachelor's degree, which includes 18 quarter or 12 semester hours in accounting, auditing, or budgeting, and one to two years of relevant professional experience. Professional experience may substitute for education but not for the credit hours. A Master's degree in a financial related field, certification as a Public Accountant, Internal Auditor, Certified Governmental Financial Manager or Management Accountant will substitute for professional experience.
In addition to those required qualifications, our ideal applicant will also have some or all of the following:
- Maintain effective, orderly procedures dealing with financial record keeping systems; analyze complex financial and statistical data and determine their significance; prepare comprehensive narrative statements supporting complex financial reports.
- Ability to apply Washington's budgeting and accounting principles and regulations; principles and procedures of governmental accounting and budgeting, Washington's fiscal organization and operations; recognized methods used in effecting internal control, and methods of accounting systems design.
- Ability to use automated accounting systems.
- Ability to communicate technical information in lay person terms.
Consideration will be given to a complete application. Please include with your application:
- Unofficial college transcripts
- Three Professional References with current contact information
Supplemental Information: The initial screening will be based on the content and completeness of your application and the materials submitted. All information may be verified and documentation may be required. Applications with comments such as "see attachments" or "N/A" in the supplemental question responses will be considered incomplete.
DCYF is an equal opportunity employer and supports equity, diversity, inclusion and respect.
Need accommodation throughout the application/interview process? Unable to apply on-line? Contact the Recruitment team at email@example.com or David Ozment at (360) 407-1428 or the Telecommunications Device for the Deaf at 800-833-6388 Experiencing technical difficulties creating, accessing or completing your application? Call NEOGOV toll-free at (855)524-5627 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To take advantage of Veteran's preference please attach your DD-214, member 4 long form, or your NGB-22.Please black out your social security number prior to attaching
General suggestions for creating a good application packet:
- Read the job posting very carefully. Find out as much as you can about the job.
- Make sure you are very diligent in following all the application instructions. Include all requested documentation.
- Make sure your application and supplemental question responses address how you meet each of the required and desired qualifications.
- Carefully read each of the supplemental questions and respond completely to each one. Pay careful attention to each component of the question, providing examples, and thoroughly describing when and where you achieved the proficiency level, and detail the types of work you performed, the work products, etc., to demonstrate 'how'.
- Specifically include all of your work experiences doing the same or similar work, especially if you reference work in these jobs in describing when/where you gained proficiency level skills.
- Make sure your application reflects your best writing.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the job.
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
Salary: $3,249.00 - $4,250.00 Monthly
Location: Pierce County – Tacoma, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept of Children, Youth, and Families
Job Number: 2019-00297
Closing: 1/18/2019 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact