DaVita Data Center Technician II in Tacoma, Washington
Data Center Technician II (IT)
This position provides tactical support for the physical Data Center, Server Room, and other infrastructure and assets. This position will help to ensure the uptime of the Data Center by utilizing their hardware knowledge, data center experience, and their monitoring skills.
• Installs, maintain, and repair server hardware, or other equipment by racking, cabling, labeling equipment, entering device data into Data Center Management application.
• Follow established data center guidelines and instructions to perform daily job functions.
• Monitors physical environments and systems within the DaVita Data Centers.
• Respond to, resolve, and document issues impacting the physical infrastructure of the data center.
• Maintain hardware inventory and maintenance logs.
• Required to work after hours on an as needed bases.
• Required to be on-call for after hours support.
• Works under general supervision and reports to a supervisor or manager, though some ingenuity and flexibility are required.
• Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent
• 2-4 years of Data Center related experience.
• Capable of following written process without deviation
• CompTIA A• Ability to lift a minimum of 20 pounds to a maximum of 40 pounds, able to perform repetitive standing, sitting, stooping, walking, stretching, reaching, lifting, and use full range of body motions.
• Have the ability to work on a step ladder for an extended period of time.
• Willingness to travel to different data centers within the DaVita village as required.
• Capable with dealing with confidential information and/or issues using discretion and judgment.
• Has a technical understanding of the Data Center and server architecture
• Some Experience with a Data Center Infrastructure Manager (DCIM)
• Technology Certifications including, but not limited to MTA: Networking Fundamentals,
MTA: Windows Operating System Fundamentals, MTA: Windows Server Administration
Fundamentals, or CompTIA Network +.
• Certified Network Cable Installer (CNCI®)
• BICSI Certifications
• Data Center Certified Associate Certification
Able to work Swing Shift