AVISTA CORPORATION Sr. Communication Program Manager in SPOKANE, Washington
Closes: March 28, 2023 Starting Range: \$69,991 - \$118,610; full position breakdown below
Job Description This position leads the internal and external communication and outreach programs across multiple stakeholder groups. The incumbent will lead programs responsible for improving customer engagement and experience for utility and corporate programs, products and services, driving loyalty, and managing risk for the corporation across a multitude of channels. Helps drive the end-to-end vision, strategy, and positioning of the corporation consistent with corporate mission, vision, and values In addition, this position will actively participate as a strategic member of project and issues management teams to align communication strategy with business priorities and assist with decision-making to drive company goodwill and program success.
- Responsible for project management and coordination of preparation and production of communication mediums to ensure maximum impact across channels and audiences. Implement effective communication strategies for conveying relevant information to varied audiences. Determine needed resources and provide oversight for implementation, including budget development and management, ROI tracking, data and analytics.
- Responsible for vendor management, budget development and management, and understanding in-depth information across a variety of topics including strategy, market trends, technology, customer needs and expectations, as well as industry trends and topics. Maintains strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Advise on communications, earned media, and/or marketing strategy approach to one or more of Avista lines of business, including executive leadership, to develop and implement a high-impact communications programs that will support the accomplishment of business and corporate goals. Mitigate business and reputational risk on controversial topics that could have an adverse impact.
- Research and explore emerging innovative platforms and technologies. Proactively monitor communication trends while assessing market environment. Make strategic adjustments to plans as necessary to anticipate and prepare for future issues. Escalate decisions and unresolved issues as needed.
- Present employee/customer/media perspective to management and proactively anticipate need for communications. Manage confidential information.
- Review high volumes of information to prioritize and streamline important material that will be used to inform, engage and connect Avista employees, customers, and stakeholders to ultimately drive engagement per defined objectives.
- Manage external vendor and partner resources. Effectively integrate external information/material with internal resources to meet project objectives. Demonstrated understanding of policy and industry impacts.
- Serves as on-call representative for customer communication channels, media relations, and social media, escalating through appropriate legal, safety, operational, or officer level channels as necessary.
Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, or other related field is required.
4+ years or related experience in a communications support role.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated relationship building, collaboration and influencing skills while working with internal and external stakeholders.
Strong attention to detail and ability to communicate complex topics effectively.
Experience with compiling and crafting compelling communication materials and marketing content.
Strong creative and strategic thinking complemented with a bias for action. Ability to suggest new ideas and solutions, solve problems creatively and develop new ideas and approaches to unus