COMMUNITY COLLEGES OF SPOKANE Humanities Instructor - Adjunct - Pullman/SFCC in SPOKANE, Washington
Job Title: Humanities Instructor - Adjunct - Pullman/SFCC Job Type: Adjunct Faculty Department: SFCC Social Sciences Closing: Continuous Salary: \$35.58 - \$82.08 Hourly
\$38.58 - \$82.08 per hour based on workload category.
*Community Colleges of Spokane (CCS) District Equity Statement *
CCS believes that access to high-quality education in a safe and inclusive environment is the right of all individuals and imperative for the continued advancement of a strong democracy and workforce. We also believe higher education institutions have an obligation to work toward and demonstrate progress in ensuring equity amongst their students, faculty, and staff. Equity is grounded in the principle of fairness. In higher education, equity refers to ensuring that each student receives what they need to be successful through the intentional design of the college experience.
Spokane Falls Community College is seeking qualified candidates for consideration of employment as a Cultural Studies Adjunct Instructor in the Humanities Division. We seek applicants with a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, diversity and global awareness, and the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner. The college strives for faculty who are content experts and who are knowledgeable about best practices, innovative strategies, and instructional technologies that support teaching and learning.
We seek applications for an adjunct (part-time) teaching position for a hybrid (blended online and in-person) section of Humanities 107, Introduction to Cultural Studies, in the winter quarter, January 3 -- March 21, 2024. In-person sessions meet on TuTh, 1:30 -- 2:45 pm. Two hours of asynchronous, online teaching and learning shall be scheduled consistently each week outside of in-person course sessions. Compensation for this appointment is expected, though not guaranteed to increase, over \$4,145.00, the salary in the academic year 2022-23.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. However, since the screening committee will begin reviewing applications on September 7, 2023, submissions are encouraged prior to that time.
The Community Colleges of Spokane is seeking a highly motivated and qualified individual for the position of SFCC Pullman Humanities Instructor in the SFCC Social Sciences Division.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare for and instruct college-level courses in cultural studies, face-to-face, hybrid or online formats based on need of the department.
- Communicate expectations and establish clear grading criteria through appropriate instructional means, to include but not limited to developing course syllabi, handouts, and materials supporting the instructional process; evaluates student progress and provides clear, timely feedback.
- Provide availability and accessibility to students through a combination of scheduled office hours, e-mail, and other effective means of responsive and timely communication.
- Provide timely feedback and support to students.
- Maintain accurate records for course grades.
- May participate in department and general faculty meetings whenever germane.
- Maintain professional standards in interactions with the college community.
- Comply with state and federal law applicable to professional duties and responsibilities; follow established procedures in areas such as printing, turning in grades, bookstore orders, student safety and health issues, and related administrative processes.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required.
COMPETENCIES & OTHER REQUIREMENTS