Gonzaga University General Maintenance, Plant Services in Spokane, Washington
Hours per Week: 40
Months per Year: 12
Perform any combination of the duties described in the essential functions to maintain and repair University property using a variety of resources. Work in a variety of settings, including dormitories, food service areas, administrative offices, academic buildings and outdoors. Perform related paperwork as required.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Five years work experience (appropriate trade school education or course work may substitute).
• Knowledge of building maintenance, repair techniques, and materials.
• Ability to use various power equipment, including drills, sawsall, and hand tools, etc.
• Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
• Knowledge of safety hazards and precautions related to the building and maintenance trades.
• Ability to work independently as well as establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with other staff, faculty and students.
• Ability to work independently and in a team setting to complete daily activities according to work schedule received from the Maintenance Supervisor.
• Demonstrated ability to use sound judgment to analyze maintenance repair situations.
• Demonstrated ability to determine appropriate action in resolving an issue, within protocol and standard practice.
• Valid driver’s license; proven driving ability with good driving record. • Ability to be on work weekends, shiftwork, overtime and on call. • Ability to pass pre-employment physical as required for position.