Washington State DSHS Social Service Specialist in Spokane, Washington
Social Service Specialist 2, Individual Provider Contracting Specialist
Do you believe in opening doors and transforming lives? Join our team and be part of our hard-working team of professionals at the Spokane Home and Community Services Office. You will assist clients to live safely and independently in their own home by administering our Home and Community Based Services to Medicaid clients and applicants, including assisting the Individual Provider through the contracting process.
Some of what you'll do:
- Process Individual Provider (IP) Contracts for Region 1 Home and Community Services Medicaid clients and applicants requesting in-home services from the Spokane, Colfax, Colville, East Wenatchee, Moses Lake, Newport, Omak, and Republic offices.
- Verify Individual Provider has met all contracting and training requirements to be a qualified provider
- Conduct Individual Provider Orientation and explain the credentialing process and other responsibilities of being an IP in the classroom setting and/or over the telephone.
- Document all Individual Provider information, authorize Safety and Orientation Payment, and provide on-going communication with the Medicaid Applicant/Client's assigned Social Service Specialist 3
- Organize, handle and submit documents per program procedures and office specifications; ensure documents and forms are complete, accurate, and up-to-date.
- Provide formal and informal referrals to community services, networking with key aging and adult community agency services.
What we're looking for
- Excellent organizational skills to manage a large volume of new referrals
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks in various stages of completion
- This job may occasionally include travel to outstation offices located in Region 1
Who should apply? Professionals who have:
- At least twelve months of experience as a Social Service Specialist 1 and completion this agency's Social Service Specialist training program.
- A Master's degree in social services, human services, behavioral sciences, or an allied field, and one year as a Social Service Specialist 1 or equivalent paid social service experience.
- A Bachelor's degree in social services, human services, behavioral sciences, or an allied field, and two years of paid social service experience performing functions equivalent to a Social Service Specialist 1.
Note: A two year Master's degree in one of the _above _fields that included a practicum will be substituted for one year of paid social service experience.
Include with your application:
- Letter of interest detailing how you meet what we're looking for
- Three professional references from a current or previous supervisor, coworker, or professor
- Resume Questions regarding this opportunity? Please contact DSHS Recruiter by email or at (509) 363-5032 and reference job #06733. Supplemental Information
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history may be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the job. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Salary: $3,961.00 - $5,203.00 Monthly
Location: Spokane County – Spokane, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Job Number: 2018-06733
Closing: 7/25/2018 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact