Washington State DSHS Office Support Supervisor 2 in Spokane, Washington
Come join a new state agency to better serve at-risk children and youth, Department of Children, Youth and Families (DCYF). We're looking for professionals to join our team now, and make a difference in the lives of youth and their families.
Are you an out-of-the-box thinker that enjoys problem solving and has great attention to detail? Do you strive to meet deadlines? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
Children's Administration is seeking an Office Support Supervisor 2 to join our team in Spokane, Washington.
As a working supervisor, you will have knowledge of all functions of the direct reports and be responsible for coordinating the day-to-day unit operations, using independent judgment to accomplish assignments, problem solve, develop efficient work methods and procedures that impact the unit.
Some of what you will be doing
- Supervise staff performing a variety of occupational categories, such as office support functions, reception, adoption support, accounting and data entry.
- Act as liaison to other departments: resolve problems that arise between unit personnel and persons served, both within and outside of the unit.
- Approve and deny daily time card entries and manage coverage.
- Assign, instruct, guide and check work of staff; plan and organize work, coordinate office operations and delegate to staff.
- Establish office procedures, standards, priorities and deadlines.
- Frequently contacts clients, the public, staff members from other departments and management staff.
Supervise/travel to staff in outlying offices. What we are looking for
Ability to support and supervise others including inspiring and motivating teamwork.
- Knowledge of various Children's Administration regulations, rules, policies and procedures.
- Ability to process documents and records, extract and compile records or data, respond to inquiries concerning services or procedures.
- Ability to effectively communicate with management, peers, clients and the public.
- Ability to plan, organizes, direct, and evaluate work of others.
- Ability to process and coordinate tasks to ensure timely completion.
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced, sometimes stressful work environment.
Who should apply Professionals with: High school graduation or equivalent AND Three years of clerical experience, including one year of supervisory experience. (Supervisory and clerical experience can be gained concurrently.)
Consideration will be given to a complete application specifying your work experience. Please include the following:
- Cover letter/letter of interest describing how your experience and skills meet the job duties.
Questions? Please contact Shawn Dubler and reference 04948. Supplemental Information
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history may be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the job. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in any area of employment, its programs or services on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Salary: $2,848.00 - $3,700.00 Monthly
Location: Spokane County – Spokane, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Job Number: 2018-04948
Closing: 5/24/2018 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact