Washington State DSHS CPS Program Consultant in Spokane, Washington
Social and Health Program Consultant 3 You have an opportunity to utilize your leadership and interpersonal skills at Children's Administration (CA) to lead professional staff (Social Workers, Supervisors, Area Administrators, Program Managers and Regional Administrator) in the development/design, implementation, and monitoring of the statewide Child Protection Program. You will develop, interpret and implement policy, procedures and quality assurance and improvement plans for the effective delivery of Child Protection services.
Some of what you'll do:
- Lead, coordinate, and facilitate the implementation and oversight of the Child Protection program in Region 1 (North counties) for CA.
- Lead the implementation, management, monitoring and tracking of the statewide Child Fatality Review/Community Fatality Review program.
- Lead professional staff and community members in the design and implementation of program improvement plans that include statewide recommendations for change in statutes, policies, procedures and systems.
- Facilitate statewide Child Protection policy development and coordination through the State Child Protection Policy team.
- Provide technical consultation and training to community, providers, staff, law enforcement, universities etc. regarding Child Protection Programs and services.
- Lead the region in the development of information and training needs assessments and initiate resource needs and development.
- Develop and approve statewide training initiatives and curricula for the provision of training to agency staff and providers to improve and enhance service delivery.
- Serve as the regional liaison and contact to facilitate positive and effective public relations with community members, law enforcement agencies, the medical community, educational institutions, social service and other governmental entities.
- Lead professional staff and agency volunteers in the development/design, implementation, and monitoring of Child Protection Teams (CPT).
- Serve the region as the Domestic Violence Liaison and lead professional staff in shared decision making as to complex child maltreatment cases that involve issues of domestic violence.
What we're looking for: Demonstrable working understanding of safety and risk assessment, family preservation, principles of family-centered and child focused practice, and strategies for family engagement along with expertise in building relationships with clients, staff and community leaders and modeling, including at least two years of experience assessing safety and risk, providing direct interventions and services to children and families served through the public child welfare system.
Who should apply: Professionals who have a Bachelor's or Master's degree m social work, a health or social science, public administration or a related field AND one year of experience as a Social and Health Program Coordinator 3 at DSHS or equivalent; OR A Bachelor's or Master's degree in social work, a health or social science, public administration or a related field AND two years of experience as a Social and Health Program Coordinator 2 at DSHS or equivalent OR Bachelor's degree in social work, a health or social science, public administration or a related field, and five years of professional experience in planning, administering, developing, or delivering social, financial, health or chemical dependency treatment services programs. OR A Master's degree in social work, a health or social science, public administration or a related field, or a Juris Doctorate, and four years of professional experience in planning, administering, developing, or delivering social, financial, health, or chemical dependency treatment services programs.
Two years of paid social service experience must include assessing risk and safety to children and providing direct family-centered practice services (strengthening and preserving family units).
Please include college transcripts with your application.
For questions about job 05013, contact Dave Ozment at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Come join a new state agency to better serve at-risk children and youth, Department of Children, Youth, and Families (DCYF). We're looking for professionals to join our team now, and make a difference in the lives of youth and their families. Supplemental Information
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history may be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the job. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in any area of employment, its programs or services on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact a Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Salary: $4,399.00 - $5,770.00 Monthly
Location: Spokane County – Spokane, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Job Number: 2018-05013
Closing: 5/24/2018 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact