YMCA of the Inland Northwest Bus Driver in Spokane, Washington
OUR CULTURE: At the Y, you can channel your passion into a lifelong career helping to deliver positive change. Every day, our staff -- of all ages and from all walks of life -- work to bridge the gaps in community needs by nurturing the potential of youth and teens, improving our community's health and well-being, and providing support to our neighbors, by serving others, building strong relationships, and incorporating our YMCA values into our everyday work.
POSITION SUMMARY: This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. The Bus Driver provides necessary transportation to and from planned field trips for the YMCA Child Care Programs. The Bus Driver follows all regulations and policies to provide a safe bus ride, a positive experience, and thus lasting memories.
- Transports children participating in YMCA programs to various locations and events by bus.
- Complete daily inspections, notifying the supervisor immediately of any safety and/or maintenance concerns with bus. Follows procedures for writing up incident reports as necessary.
- Ensure bus is kept clean, that the fuel level remains above ¼ tank, and that the bus always has enough fuel for the next day
- Maintain valid certifications and participate in staff trainings and meetings as required.
- Follow WA DOT guidelines for bus safety and all YMCA transportation policies, including participating in random Drug and Alcohol Testing
- Follows all safety, emergency, and child abuse prevention policies, procedures, and standards as established and implemented by law and the Y. Reports and maintain proper documentation of incidents/accidents as they occur.
Completes driver forms as needed, and enters daily mileage in the logbook
- Class B CDL with passenger and school bus endorsement.
- Holds Current Driver's License, Medical Card, and Automobile insurance
- One to two years' experience driving a school bus.
- Experience driving flat nose bus preferred.
- Minimum age of 21.
- TB Test, Registered in DEL MERIT, Portable Background Clearance, Fingerprints upon request, and completion of YMCA trainings upon hire
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to operate and control a vehicle with passengers and monitor the vehicle to ensure it is working properly.
- The employee frequently is required to interact and engage with youth participating in YMCA programs and field trips.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include far vision and depth perception to safely drive the vehicle.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
DIVERSITY STATEMENT The YMCA of the Inland Northwest commits to being an inclusive organization for all. Driven by our mission and values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility we actively work to close equity gaps for marginalized and underserved groups. We are inspired to elevate social justice issues facing our community, remove systemic barriers, welcome cultural diversity, and create equity for those in greatest need. Through collaboration wi