MONACO ENTERPRISES INC Accounting Manager in Spokane, Washington
This is a salaried position consisting of forty hours per week or more depending on workflow. This position is full-time, in-office in Spokane Valley, WA. The Accounting Manager\'s primary role is to perform daily accounting functions for ongoing operations, performing period-end close processes, and performing other accounting functions as needed. This position reports directly to the CFO. Our office atmosphere consists of strong team work, collaboration, accountability, and continuous improvement.
* Areas of Responsibility:*
- Period-end financial close process (account reconciliations, general ledger journal entries, maintain/update spreadsheets, organize & preserve relevant document support, etc.)
- Provide support to accounting personnel in accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll (fluency in each of these areas is necessary to provide backup support)
- Assist in treasury functions (review and approve check runs, perform bank reconciliations, etc.)
- Assist in inventory accounting (oversee cycle count results, coordinate YE physical inventory counts, etc.)
- Assist with sales tax data review and submission
- Assist in supporting external CPAs on financial statement audits and tax work
- Assist in expense report review and ERP importation
- Assist in review of credit terms for new/existing customers
- Assist in workflow documentation
- Perform departmental projects as necessary
- Other assignments as directed by the CFO
Experience, Skills, and Values:
- Three+ years in public accounting
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Fluent/high-familiarity with ERP systems
- Strong attention to detail and high integrity
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage time efficiently
- Ability to work independently and multitask on several projects simultaneously
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel (can you solve problems by writing formulas for the circumstances?)
- Efficient and timely in meeting deadlines
- Adherence and embracing of company core values:
- Outward mindset
- Customer service = partnerships
- & Embrace Change
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting required
- CPA preferred
* Physical Requirements:*
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must be able to remain in stationery position for long periods of time. Frequently the employee needs to be able to stand, move about the office, bend and twist at the waist. The employee constantly operates a computer, mouse, calculator, copy machine, printer, and communicates with outside customers on the telephone and co-workers in the office. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift up to 30 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to crouch, kneel and reach above shoulder level.
Qualified applicants should apply before March 31, 2023 by sending their resume.
Monaco Enterprises offers a competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life, and AD&D. We also offer flexible spending accounts and 401(k) Plan.
Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening test and background check.
Monaco Enterprises is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants considered regardless of e