Aston Carter Accounts Receivable Specialist in Spokane Valley, Washington
Position : Accounts Receivable Specialist
Placement Type: 6-Month Contract-to-hire
Compliance: Willing to submit to a background check
Work Environment: Full-time Monday – Friday (8 AM – 5 PM)
Location : Spokane Valley, WA 99019
Obtains financial data for use in maintaining accounting records. Processes and records all accounts receivable transactions, and provides specials services to the company as required.
• Verifies and post details of business transactions, such as fund received and disbursed, and totals accounts.
• Computes and records charges, refunds, cost of lost damaged goods, freight charges, rentals, and similar items.
• Types vouchers, invoices, checks, account statements, reports, and other records.
• Processes and keys cash receipts.
• Processes billing requests and manual invoices.
• Creates and maintains the electronic filing of all customer payment records by calendar year and date on the designated Finance drive. Also, creates and maintains the electronic files for all customer Credit and Rebills by calendar year and date on the designated Finance drive. Annually purges and prepares any accounts receivable hard copy files for archive storage.
• Maintains print-outs related to account receivable.
• Prepares miscellaneous cash for deposit.
• Prepares all necessary documentation to assure bank approval and payment of invoices processed against letters of credit.
• Takes the daily deposit to the bank; cashes petty cash checks for the company and returns the cash to the responsible employee.
• Assists with commission research.
• Performs other duties, as assigned, to achieve corporate and department objectives.
• HS Diploma or equivalent
• Associate or Bachelor’s degree in accounting or Finance (nice to have).
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
• Two plus years of related accounts receivable experience.
• Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Ability to read and interpret financial documents, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
• Contacts customer accounts which are past due to resolve delinquencies and o ensure prompt payments.
• Maintains files and initiates follow up calls when necessary.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
• Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Ability to operate a computer and use Microsoft Office, database, and spreadsheet software.
• Ability to operate a 10-key calculator.
• Knowledge of basic accounting principles.
• Ability to type 50 WPM.
We reserve the right to pay above or below the posted wage based on factors unrelated to sex, race, or any other protected classification.
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific elections, plan, or program terms. This temporary role may be eligible for the following:
• Medical, dental & vision
• Insurance (Basic/Supplemental Life & AD&D)
• Short and long-term disability
• Health & Dependent Care Spending Accounts (HSA & DCFSA)
• Transportation benefits
• Employee Assistance Program
• Time Off/Leave (PTO, Vacation or Sick Leave)
About Aston Carter:
Please Note: Scammers are posing as Aston Carter. We'll never contact you via Gmail, Telegram, or WhatsApp and we'll never solicit money from you.
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email email@example.com (%firstname.lastname@example.org) for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
- Aston Carter Jobs