Vail Resorts Barista - T-Bar Market - Full and Part Time - Winter Seasonal in Skykomish, Washington
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
As of Nov.15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
Prepare and serve espresso beverages and food items and provide cashiering services to guests in a courteous, efficient, expedient and accurate manner.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
• Ability to perform basic arithmetic
• Minimum of 1 year cash handling experience preferred
• Washington State food handlers card
• Must be comfortable with the changing dynamics of a seasonal business.
• Greet and serve guests courteously
• Prepare and sell food and beverage items according to Stevens Pass specifications
• Responsible for the proper use of cash register systems, daily cashiering and reporting functions; make change, process checks and credit cards, and issue receipts to customers; perform daily cash out using Stevens Pass processes
• Maintain a clean and organized work area
• Bus tables in dining area and stock appropriate condiments as needed
• Assist with stocking store products according to department procedures
• Assist with inventories and orders
• Remain knowledgeable of and adhere to Washington State health standards
• Properly operate and care for the espresso machine accordingly
• Help out in other areas within the Food & Beverage division as needed
• Perform other duties as requested by the T-Bar Market Manager, the F&B Management Team, the General Manager, or the Senior Management Team.
• Be knowledgeable about the resort area, and products and services available in restaurant
• Demonstrate a positive attitude toward the workplace, co-workers, and the guests
• Communicate with co-workers, supervisors, and managers effectively regarding personnel and work issues
• Work unsupervised in a manner that is professional and consistent with company and department policies and procedures
• Apply good judgment when dealing with customer service situations and other situations that are not clearly defined by standard operating procedures
• Assist enthusiastically when asked to help out in other areas of either the Cascadian Kitchen or other Food and Beverage departments
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds or greater with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, outside weather conditions, extreme cold, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but may be loud on occasion. The employee will occasionally walk on slick, wet, snow-covered, or uneven surfaces.
Do you love the mountains and wonder what it would be like to work at a mountain resort? Looking to try something new and learn how to ski, snowboard or downhill mountain bike? Are you looking to meet new friends from all over the country and world? If you answered yes to any of these questions, we invite you to come join our community at Stevens Pass today! Why not work where you play, and let Stevens Pass be your office. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 361508
- Vail Resorts Jobs