Lockheed Martin Quality Engineer in Silverdale, Washington
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space!
Please note, this role requires Interim Secret Security Clearance to start with the ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance. US Citizenship is required; No dual citizenship.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
We are seeking energized individuals who are passionate about building the space technologies of tomorrow. Will you join us in the journey?
Lockheed Martin Space has a great opportunity to support the strategic defense of the United States as a Quality Engineer located in Silverdale, WA.
In this role, you will perform Quality Assurance tasks as a member of the Material Review Board (MRB) in support of ordnance production operations. You will perform trend analysis to support process improvement and non-conformance reduction.
Benefits of Employment:
Lockheed Martin Space offers a total compensation package from competitive wages, on-site medical care and healthy living incentives! Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
href=https://candidate.lmbenefitscompass.com>Click here to learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive edge.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education.
- Experience with Quality processes: Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Actions, data analysis for defect trending.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering documents (e.g. drawings, manufacturing work instructions, test procedures).
- Interim Secret Security Clearance required to start with the ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance.
- US Citizenship required; No dual citizenship.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in technical discipline (i.e. engineering field) or equivalent discipline (e.g. math, physics, chemistry). Experience or combined education, with 3 years of professional experience; or 1 years of professional experience with a technical discipline Master's degree.
- Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) hardware/process experience.
- Aerospace hardware experience (e.g. Propulsion)
- Experience in developing and reporting Quality metrics including failure reporting, trend analysis and statistical process control.
- Experience processing non-conformances through a Material Review Board process.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with government customers (e.g. DoD, DCMA) to build effective relationships.
- Experience participating in or conducting QA reviews including Corrective Action Board (CAB), Corrective Action Plans, and Continuous Improvement projects.
- Experience with Configuration Management tools SAP/ERP, and EPDM.
- Experience with Lean/Six Sigma/Continuous Improvement.
- Experience using quantitative, qualitative analytical capabilities to clearly communicate to others in a concise, data driven manner.
- Experience with an AS9100-based Quality Plan including audits.
- Quality ASQ Certification (e.g. CQE).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, SharePoint).
Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Clearance Level: Secret
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to Work Remotely: Part-time Remote Telework: The employee selected for this position will work part of their work schedule remotely and part of their work schedule at a designated Lockheed Martin facility. The specific weekly schedule will be discussed during the hiring process.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week
The annual base salary range for this position in California and New York (excluding most major metropolitan areas), Colorado, or Washington is $61,300 - $117,500. Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. Lockheed Martin considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's work experience, education/ training, key skills as well as market and business considerations when extending an offer.
Benefits offered: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, 401(k) match, Flexible Spending Accounts, EAP, Education Assistance, Parental Leave, Paid time off, and Holidays.
(Washington state applicants only) Non-represented full time employees: accrue 10 hours per month of Paid Time Off (PTO); receive 40 hours of Granted PTO annually for incidental absences; receive at least 90 hours for holidays. Represented full time employees accrue 6.67 hours of PTO per month; accrue up to 52 hours of sick leave annually; receive at least 96 hours for holidays. PTO is prorated based on hours worked and start date during the calendar year.
This position is incentive plan eligible.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
At Lockheed Martin, we use our passion for purposeful innovation to help keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges. Our people are some of the greatest minds in the industry and truly make Lockheed Martin a great place to work.
With our employees as our priority, we provide diverse career opportunities designed to propel, develop, and boost agility. Our flexible schedules, competitive pay, and comprehensive benefits enable our employees to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work. We place an emphasis on empowering our employees by fostering an inclusive environment built upon integrity and corporate responsibility.
If this sounds like a culture you connect with, you’re invited to apply for this role. Or, if you are unsure whether your experience aligns with the requirements of this position, we encourage you to search on Lockheed Martin Jobs , and apply for roles that align with your qualifications.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: QA/Test and Inspection
- Lockheed Martin Jobs