Lockheed Martin Operations Manager in Silverdale, Washington
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space!
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our outstanding skills and experiences to create, craft and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture supports employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, encouragement and focus and if you have the passion, we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
We are seeking an Operations Manager for our Space Operations Reentry Body Organization at Strategic Weapons Facility Pacific (SWFPAC), Naval Base Kitsap -Submarine Base Bangor, Washington, supporting the Fleet Ballistic Missile Program.
In this dynamic role you will:
- Oversee activities in the areas of Reentry Body Assembly (RBA) Processing, scheduling, and planning utilizing an associate manager.
- Maintain and furnish management systems to achieve effective operations required by special ordnance publication and other DOD/Navy requirements.
- Lead and perform RBA operations including preventative and corrective maintenance, property management control, and material control to meet the TRIDENT II mission requirements at SWFPAC.
- Oversee safety, mission success for technical and schedule objectives.
- Lead and build effective teams.
- Develop and maintain customer interfaces.
- Communicate regularly with internal LM customers, associate contractors, and US Navy customer representatives.
- Guide a diverse salary and hourly Lockheed Martin workforce and influence personnel through critical cultural and hip operational tempos in support of customer mission.
- Strong customer relations skills and direct customer interface experience.
- 5+ years of leadership experience.
- Qualify for and maintain eligibility for access into the Navy's Personnel Reliability Program (PRP).
- US Citizenship required with the ability to obtain and maintain a final Top Secret security clearance. Cannot be a dual citizen. Interim Secret clearance required prior to start.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and behaviors that align with the Full Spectrum Leadership Imperatives.
- Proven experience as a leader building and leading highly effective teams to meet or exceed quality, cost, schedule, and technical objectives while ensuring Corporate compliances are enforced.
- Experience in developing and identifying systems to minimize the potential of low probability/high consequence events.
- Experience leading salaried and represented hourly workforce personnel.
- Skilled in change management and delegation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- In-depth knowledge of root cause, corrective action and continuous improvement methodologies.
- Ability to critically assess organizational performance, develop metrics, and take corrective action as necessary to make lasting improvement within the organization.
- Demonstrated effective problem and conflict resolution skills.
- Effectively interface with customers (internal and external), demonstrating sound situational reasoning and judgment.
- Possesses a United States security clearance.
- Experience with Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) Program.
Benefits of Employment :
Learn more about our comprehensive benefits program here: www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/working-here#benefits
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs