Lockheed Martin Missile Material Handler Asc in Silverdale, Washington
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description: Under the technical direction of higher-level personnel, utilize various documents and computer systems in the performance of duties.
Assist higher-level personnel perform duties in support of the Consolidated Hazardous Material Reutilization and Inventory Management program (CHRIMP), which provides life-cycle management of hazardous and shelf-life material.
Assist in the ordering, receiving, repackaging, labeling, inventory, and monitoring of the shelf life of hazardous materials.
Under the technical direction of higher-level personnel, track container returns, dispense hazardous material from larger containers into smaller unit sizes, process expired material and dispose of hazardous waste.
Through formal classroom training and through on-the-job training provided by Missile Material Handler Seniors, acquire a working knowledge of missile material handling
Work with progressively less guidance and instruction as time in the classification increases. While in this classification, demonstrate the ability to independently perform the work described in the Missile Material Handler Senior classification.
Perform related duties, as necessary.
- Ability to use equipment such as: portable power saws, drills, common carpenter hand tools, strapping and banding equipment, counting and weighing scales, and other tools and equipment used in packaging, crating, and inventory functions.
- Perform inventory management of stocked materials and equipment.
- Ability to perform calculations pertaining to volume, distance, weight, and units of quantity.
- Ability to read and research necessary information in applicable federal manuals and company documents.
- Ability to obtain and maintain licenses, certifications, and qualifications pertinent to assigned tasks associated with warehouse operations, including but not limited to: use of bar code scanners, handling explosives; operating bridge cranes, and material handling equipment; handling and processing of hazardous materials and waste.
- Ability to obtain and maintain respirator qualifications as necessary.
-Ability to access Navy Enterprise Resource Planning (N-ERP).
-Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance, with an Interim Secret required to start
-Must be a US Citizen. Cannot be a dual citizen
-Must possess a valid Washington State driver's license
- Skilled in the use of computers and ability to learn new computer applications.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs