Lockheed Martin Associate Manufacturing support Team Member and Assistant Building Gro in Silverdale, Washington
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to think big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Are you ready for a change and an exciting new opportunity in 2021? Are you looking to launch your career in an exciting industry ? Do you have experience in a production environment? Do you have strong leadership skills and demonstrated experience leading teams? Are you a problem solver with a safety mindset? Do you enjoy multi-tasking in a busy industrial setting? If so, this could be the next great opportunity for you. Join our Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) Operations team within Strategic and Missile Defense team in Silverdale, Washington.
We are seeking an Assistant Building Group Leader (ABGL) to support the Missile Body Operations (MBO) organization at Strategic Weapons Facility Pacific (SWFPAC). The MBO organization is responsible for assembly, disassembly, inspection, and test of the D5 Trident Missile.
Under the direct supervision of a Building Group Leader (BGL) you will:
• Learn to perform functions that control the movement of equipment, material, parts, subassemblies, assemblies to support completing missiles within a dynamic processing environment.
• Assist with working with Production, Supply, Engineering, Handling and Transportation to ensure hardware, support equipment and consumables are available and ready to support processing as required.
• Support various missile production meetings for production workload, priorities and future forecasting.
• Provide daily status to leadership and escalate issues that will impede missile production. • Support Missile Body Operations continuous improvement activities, risk and opportunity boards and strategic planning efforts.
• Provide daily and on-call support for all building safety, maintenance, security, and environmental issues. • Ensure all security measures, requirements, and practices are in place.
• Ensure building meets all arms, ammunition, and explosive security requirements.
• Support internal/external building audits.
• Coordinate with BGL on daily missile production priorities and provide direction as needed to the represented work-force.
• Participate in the timely resolution of issues that impede the production process flow.
• Monitor and coordinate the organization’s preventative maintenance, weight tests, nondestructive test inspection, and calibration equipment.
Additional duties may include documentation custodian, property custodian, maintain key control, building access control, Fire Marshall for building, and ensuring compliance with building explosive and personnel limits.
This position is for day-shift, however, we need you to be willing and available to work swing shift as needed and extended hours on a regular basis.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the many benefits you available to you as one of our teammates:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
• Have a minimum of 12 months experience in the aerospace industry, or equivalent similar assembly/disassembly/handling experience in the automobile, marine, aircraft industries, or other industrial or production setting.
• Be able to meet scheduled deadlines despite multiple competing priorities.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Be able to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret Security Clearance.
• Be able to obtain and maintain an Arms, Ammunition and Explosive Certification.
• U.S. Citizenship is required, cannot be a dual citizen. Interim Secret clearance required prior to start.
• Strategic Weapons Facility Production experience
• Experience working closely with, or as a member of, a workforce represented by a Collective Bargaining Agreement.
• Demonstrate your experience in a Lead or Supervisory role
• Demonstrate your ability to perform in a team environment
• AMOS/SAP/IMAP/IMPS experience
• Demonstrated safety mindset
• Experience working around ordnance
• Preventive Maintenance / Corrective Maintenance systems experience
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively within large groups while presenting data to management and represented workforce
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs