Washington State SnoKing Project Delivery Manager-TTE in Shoreline, Washington
Please Note: **_The salary listed for this position includes the Legislative approved general wage increase of 2% effective July 1, 2018.
First review of candidates will take place on 06/27/2018._**
The Opportunity: The Washington State Department of Transportation has a challenging opportunity for a Project Delivery Manager in the Snohomish and King Counties (SnoKing) Area. The successful candidate will play an integral role in the success of some of the most significant highway projects in the Puget Sound area. The Project Delivery Manager is responsible for managing WSDOT funded highway design projects being led by local agencies and Tribes.
At WSDOT, we value the importance of creating an environment in which all employees feel respected, included, and empowered to bring unique ideas to the agency. Our diversity and inclusion efforts include embracing different cultures, backgrounds, and perspectives while fostering growth and advancement in the workplace. To learn more, please watch the following video: Why WSDOT?
This position will perform the following work:
- Oversee and ensure the successful delivery of SnoKing Area highway improvement projects and studies. May involve managing staff and consultant engineers.
- Apply engineering judgment to ensure that the projects meet all applicable department policies and standards.
- Ensure the completeness of project documentation.
- Coordinate with various groups to ensure their full participation in project development.
- Manage project scope, schedule, and budget and ensure on-time, in-budget delivery.
- Report to executives and others in various forums regarding delivery progress.
- Provide QA/QC support to the SnoKing Area design offices and mentor staff in current highway design processes, guidelines, and documentation requirements
Other duties as assigned. An ideal*candidate* for this position will have:
Knowledge of advanced negotiation techniques.
- Knowledge and use of advanced project management techniques.
- In-depth knowledge of engineering and cost estimating practices.
- In-depth knowledge of agreements.
- In-depth knowledge of highway design processes, guidelines, and documentation requirements.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering and/or EIT certification desired.
How to Apply: Applications for this recruitment will only be accepted electronically. Please select the large apply button at the top of this announcement for instructions. You may need to create a profile and account in Washington State's automated tracking system, NeoGov. To be considered for this position, you will need to answer any supplemental questions and attach a resume and cover letter with application. Be prepared to provide references at the time of the interview.
Contact us:For inquiries about this position, please call Cody Buchanan at email@example.com. Please reference recruitment number 18DOT-NWR-10420.
*WSDOT is an equal opportunity employer. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, disabled and Vietnam era veterans, and people of all sexual orientations and gender identities are encouraged to apply. Persons with disabilities needing assistance in the application process, or those needing this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the listed recruiter. WSDOT does not use the E-Verify system. For more information, please visit https://www.uscis.gov/. *
Salary: $76,092.00 - $102,348.00 Annually
Location: King County - Shoreline, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Transportation
Job Number: 18DOT-NWR-10420
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact