Washington State DSHS Fircrest Direct Care Provider - Certified Nursing Assistant in Shoreline, Washington
Attendant Counselor 1 - Nursing Assistant Certified
If you enjoy working closely with people in need and want to make a difference in their lives, a career as a Direct Care Provider could be for you. Direct Care Providers, also known as Attendant Counselors, are compassionate about the well-being of our clients with developmental and intellectual disabilities in their homes or at other locations on and off-campus.
Start a career today at Fircrest Residential Habilitation Center and join our community of hard-working professionals. We offer competitive benefits, on the job training, meaningful work, and long-term career opportunities.
These jobs are located in King County. Employees assigned to a permanent duty station in King County will receive a 5% Premium pay calculated from their base salary.
We have multiple shifts available!
Some of what you will do:
- Provide specialized care, support, and training for people (clients) with developmental disabilities living in a Residential Rehabilitation Center.
- Your role would ensure compliance with each client's Individual Care Plan (CP).
- Train and assist the client in all areas of Activities of Daily Living (ADL's) and personal care including bathing, dressing, grooming, feeding, toileting, personal hygiene, social behavior, behavioral management, choice-making, and household management.
- Functions as a member of an interdisciplinary team including developing, writing, modifying, and carrying out planned formal (data-based) and informal (non-data based) programs assessing and reporting effects under the direction of an appropriate specialist.
- Accompany and supervise clients ensuring the health and safety of the clients to/from and during activities and appointments. Transfer, reposition, transport (move) client about.
- Observe, report, and document changes in individuals' physical/mental condition or unusual behaviors and provide client safety, security, and protection. Report every incident of observed, reported, or suspected abuse, neglect, or negligent treatment of clients as well as injuries of unknown origin; ensure event reports are completed.
- Transfer, reposition, move clients, equipment, and objects.
- Other duties as assigned.
What we offer:
- Promotional opportunities and leadership skill development
- A stable and predictable work schedule
- Full-time employment with the possibility of overtime
- A team atmosphere to thrive and grow in
- A prepaid Orca card at time of hire
- Paid sick leave, vacation leave, holiday pay, and overtime opportunities
- Retirement savings
What we are looking for:
- Effective verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- Collaborative mindset
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Able to work holidays, weekends, or extended hours with short notice
- Experience working with developmental disabilities is desirable
Who should apply? Professionals with a High School Diploma/GED OR one year of experience working with intellectual or developmental disabilities.
At your own expense, you must be a Certified Nursing Assistant or be certified within 120 days from the date of hire
All newly hired employees will participate and complete a paid, three-week mandatory New Employee Training Session. These trainings typically occur Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.
Questions about job duties or Fircrest Residential Habilitation Center? Contact: Dave Greenman at 206-361-3057 | Daniel LeMaster at 206-361-3599
Questions about the application process? Please contact Nickie.Hansen@dshs.wa.gov and reference job number 00257.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history may be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the job. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social and Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in any area of employment, its programs or services on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Salary: $2,864.00 - $3,701.00 Monthly
Location: King County - Shoreline, WA
Job Type: Various Job Types
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Job Number: 2021-00257
Closing: 1/21/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact