Washington State DSHS Attendant Counselor 2 in Selah, Washington
Join us in Transforming Lives!
- Are you a highly motivated person who enjoys training and assisting others?
- Do you have the ability to model excellence and lead others to succeed?
- Are you a person who likes a team approach in making a difference in the quality of life for others?
- Are you flexible and willing to work with individuals with intellectual disabilities?
- Are you willing to share your creativity, enthusiasm and ideas in a homelike setting?
Join our fun work environment at Yakima Valley Residential Rehabilitation Center and be part of our hard-working team of professionals. We need your leadership skills to act as shift charge for an assigned living unit and assist, train, monitor and keep residents free of abuse and neglect.
Some of what you'll do
- Assume a relief charge role in the absence of the Attendant Counselor 3
- Function as a member of the interdisciplinary team and participate in development, writing, monitoring, assessing and for revising of the client's annual Patient Care Conference and development of Nursing Care Plan/Health Service Orders
- Provide direct care and training in all areas of adult daily living and personal care to maximize the independent living skills of each person i.e. hygiene, dressing, grooming, meal preparation, leisure skills, community awareness and safety
- Provide leadership and support to Attendant Counselor staff to assure compliance with all rules, regulations and guidelines
- Respond appropriately to medical, behavioral and other types of emergent situations
- Transport clients to appointments and activities
- Manage behaviors within agency-approved methods and implement individual behavior support plans using training techniques
- Observe, document and report physical, medical or behavioral changes in residents and assist with medical/behavioral emergencies providing for the person's health, safety, security and protection from abuse and/or neglect
Who should apply? High school graduates (GED) who have one year of experience working with people with developmental disabilities. Or High school graduates (GED) who have one year of experience as an Attendant Counselor 1, equivalent or higher level state job class.
You must have and maintain a current Washington State Nursing Assistant Certification (NAC).
Work areas available Cottage 403/404, C Shift, (10:00pm-6:30am) with Sunday and Monday off Cottage 405/406, B Shift, (1:45pm-10:15pm) with Sunday and Monday off
Questions about this job opportunity? Please contact Teresa.Alseth@dshs.wa.gov or at 425-595-3466 and reference 02435. Supplemental Information
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history may be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the job. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Salary: $2,595.00 - $3,353.00 Monthly
Location: Yakima County – Selah, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Job Number: 2018-02435
Closing: 3/27/2018 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504
Phone: View Posting for Agency Contact