life care Registered Nurse (RN) Infection Preventionist in Sedro-Woolley, Washington
The RN Infection Preventionist evaluates the quality of resident care and outcomes as they relate to Healthcare Acquired Infections (HAI) and Community Acquired Infections (CAI) in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and Life Care standards. Collects, prepares, and analyzes HAI data. Presents infection data and makes recommendations for actions. Monitors associate compliance with infection control standards through use of barriers and infection prevention measures. Prepares and presents education for the staff, residents, and families. Serves as a resource to all departments and personnel.
Education, Experience, and Licensure Requirements:
- Must possess a nursing diploma (associate's or bachelor's degree in nursing).
- Must be currently licensed/registered in applicable State. Must maintain an active Registered Nurse (RN) license in good standing throughout employment.
- Must have CPR certification upon hire or obtain during orientation. CPR certification must remain current during employment.
- Must have completed an approved Infection Preventionist Certification course (e.g., CIC, CBIC, IP-BC, IPCA, CDC).
- Prior experience with geriatrics preferred.
Must have applicable certifications or training per State requirements (e.g., Certified TB Nurse). Specific Job Requirements:
Serves as designated associate responsible for monitoring Public Health Advisories from local, state, and federal agencies including the CDC
- Serves as the on-site IPC for COVID-19 prevention and response activities, in accordance with current CDC recommendations
- Maintains a current knowledge of infection control trends, methodologies, and employee health practices
- Performs work within the scope of his/her license
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
- Must be knowledgeable of Infection Prevention and Control practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing nursing functions in the post-acute care facility
- Must have the ability to implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the Infection Prevention and Control Program
- Must perform proficiently in all applicable competency areas
- Maintains professional working relationships with all associates, vendors, etc.
- Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary and/or confidential information
- Must understand and follow company policies including harassment and compliance procedures
- Displays integrity and professionalism by adhering to Life Care’s Code of Conduct and completes mandatory Code of Conduct and other appropriate compliance training An Equal Opportunity Employer