Amazon Web Services Worldwide Head of Business Development - Medical Devices in Seattle, Washington
Do you want to be a key part of a team focused on increasing the reach of cloud computing across stakeholders in the Medical Device industry? Do you have the industry background, technical depth, and communication skills needed to help further establish Amazon as the leader in the industry? The Medical Device industry is accelerating the development of novel diagnostics, treatments and is the cornerstone of precision medicine. AWS is looking for a Business Development leader who understands business and technical trends impacting the industry, and is passionate and capable of driving market development across the sector globally for AWS, leveraging the richness of the AWS cloud computing platform to position and drive the right technology solutions, enable the ecosystem, and address changing industry needs.
Your responsibilities will include engaging with key industry customers, engaging strategic industry partners, attending and speaking at industry events, leading the process to enable industry solutions, and create significant new business opportunities for AWS. You will enable the AWS sales teams selling to industry accounts to drive their day-to-day interactions with key prospects. You will work closely with AWS Solutions Architects to develop and promote cloud patterns and solutions for the industry, including high performance computing, storage optimization and partner based solutions etc. You will work closely with the AWS product and services teams to help evolve AWS offerings for more rapid adoption by customers.
You will have both a business and a consulting background, with experience working with Medical Device organizations, with demonstrated experience interacting at the CxO/VP level, with a good understanding of technology. You should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.
A day in the life
About the hiring group
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
· Serve as a key member of the Business Development team to drive overall AWS market and technical strategy for the Medical Device industry.
· Define and execute on a strategic GTM plan and ensure it's in line with the AWS strategic direction, in partnership with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, service teams, legal, support, etc.).
· Define and size segments, identify and engage key customers, and identify and engage key partners including ISVs and system integrators.
· Build business development pipeline by engaging with key prospects and partners
· Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings for developers.
· Present business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to expanding our reach in the industry.
· Manage complex contract negotiations and liaison with the legal group.
· Handle a high volume of engagements and interactions in the fast pace of the cloud computing market.
· 5+ years of business development or program/product management experience in the Medical Device industry
· The right person will be technical and analytical, and possess at least 10 years of business development or program/product management experience in or selling to the Medical Device industry.
· Strong leadership skills are key, with proven verbal and written communications skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
· Relevant technical knowledge is helpful, such as: database systems, IoT, core distributed computing concepts, fundamentals of cloud computing and virtualization, storage systems, etc. with ability to go deep enough on relevant technologies key to the industry.
· Education- an MBA is desired; technical background with Computer Science, and/or Engineering/Math background is highly desired; working knowledge of software development practices and data center / infrastructure / networking technologies highly desired.
· This position must be located at one of our U.S. AWS Corp. offices with a preference for Seattle.
· Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
· Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Amazon Web Services
- Amazon Web Services Jobs