Kimpton Hotels Valet/Bell Supervisor in Seattle, Washington
Valet and Bell Supervisor
Our mission is to be the best loved Hotel & Restaurant Company so regardless of position, we look for individuals who are passionate about providing genuine heartfelt care to our guest and employees.
What you get to do: Our valet and bell attendant supervisor is responsible for maintaining standards for a memorable first and last impression to guests as they arrive and leave the Alexis. When interacting with guests, the Bell Attendant is responsible for being professional, friendly, and helpful, using the "Five Hospitality Standards" of eye contact, a smile, speak first, engage in polite conversation, and use the guest's surname. The position also involves assisting guests with their luggage and packages upon arrival and departure and for arranging transportation when necessary.
Additional supervisor duties include assiting with schedules, inventory, monthly towncar audits, training new staff, coaching, and monthly meetings with the front office manager and AGM.
Your day-to-day include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Greet all guests upon arrival.
- Assist guests with luggage to their rooms promptly when checking in and upon checking out.
- Hail taxicabs and answer inquiries.
- Inform incoming guests on the following while assisting them to their room: storage area; restaurant hours of operation (if available), location of vending/ice machines; the concierge event of the evening; health club information; emergency procedures; equipment and exit paths.
- Once in guest room, provide the guest with the following information: basic telephone instructions; television channels and pay movie instructions; honor bar refrigerator, snack basket and procedures for charging items to one's rooms; heating and air conditioning; laundry and dry cleaning procedures; door lock and key use; room directory, etc.
- Assist guests by taking luggage to the curb to meet their transportation.
- Remove trash, papers, cans, bottles, cups, etc., in lobby area between housekeeping runs.
- Provide guests with general questions and assistance when Concierge is not available.
- Possess knowledge of the community and area in which the hotel is located to assist guests with information on special events (sporting, theater, movies, entertainment, and restaurants).
- Assist valet when they are busy, cover for lunch breaks, and cover in their absence.
- Submit all lost and found articles accompanied by a Lost and Found report.
- Function as a valet parking attendant and doorperson as needed.
- Deliver faxes, messages, packages, flowers, wine, and other items to guests in their guestrooms.
- Ensure that the "white zone" is kept free and clear for guest arrival and in the case of an emergency.
- Notify guests by telephone of delivery of automobiles, packages, or arrival of visitors.
- Provide other assistance to guests as necessary to ensure the highest quality of service.
Specific experience we're seeking: At least 6 months in a valet or bell attendant role.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Prior experience required. Depending on the role degree may be required.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate effectively and professionally with other business departments, guests, and vendors. Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism. PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, or telephone. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10-25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
(Please note: management reserves the right to change, modify, and/or alter any of the duties listed above to meet business demands).