Amazon Web Services UX Designer, AWS AI- New York, Seattle, Bay Area in Seattle, Washington
Are you intrigued or passionate about Machine Learning (ML) and ready for your next UX challenge? Do you wonder what artificial intelligence and data science will look like in 10 years? The Amazon SageMaker team is looking for passionate and innovative design leaders who will guide our design efforts in this emerging and exciting field.
With SageMaker, developers and data scientists have the ability to build, train, and deploy machine learning models quickly. As a fully-managed cloud service, SageMaker covers the entire data science workflow from data preparation and exploratory data analysis to model building and inference; our charter is to make data science and machine learning understandable, affordable, scalable, and accessible to everyone. The foundation of the SageMaker user experience is the industry standard, open-source Jupyter Notebook.
You are an experienced design leader, ready to champion human centered design to simplify complicated and painful customer tasks and activities in data science and machine learning. You feel at home working in diverse, cross-functional teams that include product managers, scientists, and developers.
You have deep knowledge and practical experience in all aspects of UX design for software applications, from user research and idea generation to interaction design and functional design prototyping. You focus on details and obsess over ways to improve the customer's experience. You have big ideas and aren't afraid to experiment, because you know failure is an important part of innovation.
You might have concerns about the job requirements or technology, but still feel like you'd be a good fit. Don't let that stop you. We're looking for talented, motivated, UX designers to bring their unique skills to the role--and we're flexible in order to find the right candidate.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We care about your career growth too. Once you join the team, you and your manager will jointly craft a career plan and you'll review it regularly to ensure you're on track to meet your goals. Whether your goals are to explore new technologies, take on bigger opportunities, or get to the next level, we'll help you get there. Our business is growing fast and our people will grow with it.
It’s not about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
We need a creative and customer-obsessed UX Designer to help lead new initiatives for AWS SageMaker. Your work will help simplify, improve and define software that empowers millions of people working with code and data such as scientists, engineers, developers, analysts, and students.
You will work collaboratively with leaders inside AWS, the open-source community (Project Jupyter, etc.), and AWS customers to deliver bar raising products that are intuitive, understandable, and a joy to use.
You’ll be responsible for driving design deliverables such as interaction models, scenarios, sketches, story boards, wireframes, user interface designs, and prototypes. You're an expert at using Figma, Sketch, InVision, or other prototyping tools like HTML/CSS. You know how to balance qualitative and quantitative data to help make the best user-centered design decisions.
· Design products that delight a wide range of users working with code, data, and machine learning models on the AWS AI platform
· Help a growing UX team develop a comprehensive design vision, approach, and strategy
· Drive design projects through all phases, from user research and exploratory prototypes to design reviews, delivery, and usability testing.
· Collaborate and communicate effectively within cross-functional teams that span design, product, engineering, and management.
· Collaborate on design projects with open source projects in the data and machine learning space, including Project Jupyter.
· Conduct and participate in design reviews with a range of stakeholders across the organization.
· 5+ years of experience as a user experience designer, product designer, interaction designer, or similar role
· Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
· An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating user-centered design solutions with measurable outcomes
· Proficiency in Figma to build end to end experiences and prototypes
· Experience working in the machine learning domain or with data scientists.
· Understanding of front-end technologies (HTML/CSS/JS) to help inform design and interaction decisions
· Visual design expertise demonstrated through mockups, prototypes, and style guides
· Practical knowledge of user-centered design methodologies, usability principles, web-based information architecture and designs
· Proven ability to work cross-team and synthesize feedback and input from business leaders, product management, and engineering
· Fluent in English, with excellent communication, presentation, and social skills.
· Design experience in the field of data science, developer tools, and machine learning tools.
· Capacity to own and drive the design process by independently by defining requirements, scoping projects and prioritizing tasks
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/internal/disability/us.
Amazon Web Services
- Amazon Web Services Jobs