Amazon Web Services TPM III, AWS Glue LF Platform team in Seattle, Washington
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 500 companies.
AWS Data Services group provides rapidly growing, industry acclaimed cloud services in areas of big data platforms, data analytics and operational databases. The group is at the forefront of innovation in these areas producing world-class cloud services such as EMR, Redshift, RDS Aurora, Glue, Lake formation and many more.
A successful candidate will bring deep technical and management expertise, strong business acumen and judgment, ability to define visionary, agile implementation experience, desire to have an industry wide impact and ability to work within a fast moving, startup environment in a large company to rapidly deliver services that have a broad business impact.
Some of the key job functions include
· Work with key stakeholders in Business, Operations, Engineering, and Service/Development teams to ensure requirements are translated into actionable roadmaps.
· Manage cross-team dependencies, risks, and trade-offs against developer experience and time to market
· Lead effective and efficient delivery of the large, complex projects, region expansions, operational excellence initiatives
· Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet business goals
· Communicate regularly with senior management, stakeholders on status, risks and change control
· Establish business processes and policies, as well as metrics and indicators for success
· Drive engineering and integration decisions and timelines across multiple teams and organizations
· Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities
Needed Skills and Abilities:
· Influencer: Innovative leader with the ability to identify opportunities and influence organizations to gain support and overcome resistance with data and persuasion
· Doer: Ability to successfully deliver end-to-end technology and operations projects, working through the many obstacles along the way
· Communicator: Ability to communicate and gather expectations and requirements equally well with business and technology teams, and capacity to write well-reasoned and data-driven proposals, performing your own data analysis as necessary
· Problem Solver: Ability to utilize exceptional problem-solving skills to work through difficult challenges
To be successful in this role, you can prioritize well, communicate effectively, and have a consistent track record of delivery. You are proactive in removing roadblocks, pave the way for innovation, and can handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. You will be a positive influencer across diverse teams, be able to effectively rally support for your initiatives, and be able to help deeply technical teams create simple solutions to meet goals.
Key job responsibilities
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
About the team
AWS Glue is a fully managed service offering next-generation data management and transformation solution layered on top of Serverless, FastData, ML and Analytics. AWS Glue simplifies and automates the difficult and time consuming data discovery, conversion, mapping, and job scheduling tasks at massive scale.
Top reasons to join our team:
Be a catalyst to deliver a truly disruptive product while it is in infancy state.
Solve unique and first-order problems in areas of Big Data, Spark, Distributed Systems, Serverless and Machine Learning
Influence and build product that will leverage scale of resources to orchestrate data workflow
Be part of big data revolution in cloud
Grow leader in you to build revolutionary product and scale it to customers world wide.
· 5+ years of experience working with engineering teams
· 3+ years of technical program management experience
· Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
· Bachelor's/ Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field
· Able to collect, analyze and present data sets support project goals and initiatives
· 3+ years of Technical Program Management, Project management experience in related field.
· Customer centric orientation as evidenced by the quality and efficacy of products, services, and support delivered.
· A creative problem solver who proactively seeks out system/process improvements in support of his/her customers
· Experience defining projects, collecting requirements, writing detailed functional and test specifications, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule, and deploy new features sets
· Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
· Experience in program managing the development / support of large scale highly available and distributed systems
· Technical Skills - Programming Languages (Java/Python/Ruby, etc.), Web technologies, Cloud/AWS
· Exposure to software systems Architecture/Design
· Track record of troubleshooting, simplifying, operational excellence and a focus on automation
· Agile Principles, Values and Practices
· Good data mining and analytical skills as well as proven process management skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon Web Services
- Amazon Web Services Jobs