Amazon Web Services Technical Program Manager in Seattle, Washington
As a Technical Program Manager in AWS Training & Certification's (T&C's) Field Enablement organization, you will play an integral role in the continued success of our sales field and customers by raising the bar on security. You will work alongside AWS Security teams to ensure new and existing tools protect customer data, as well as own key technical development initiatives across the organization designed to improve the way our sales field experiences learning content.
Inclusive Team Culture
In AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
It’s not about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We care about your career growth too. Once you join the team, you and your manager will jointly craft a career plan and you'll review it regularly to ensure you're on track to meet your goals. Whether your goals are to explore new technologies, take on bigger opportunities, or get to the next level, we'll help you get there. Our business is growing fast and our people will grow with it.
This role may be based in Seattle, Arlington, Boston, Dallas, Denver, Atlanta, or Jersey City.
Key job responsibilities
· Improve the organization’s security posture through detailed documentation and training materials
· Create security programs and campaigns
· Manage various Operations and Development roadmaps
· Ideate and help develop new tools and other technical development initiatives
· Communicate status updates with data-driven status reports and dashboards
About the team
Our central goal is to create the most efficient sales organization in the world. To reach that goal, we develop training content related to industry-specific sales skills, technical problem solving, leadership development, and more. We operate at a global scale; however, we stay close to the customer to learn and continuously iterate our approach to deliver top-tier learning content.
This role sits within the Field Enablement Operations and Development team. We empower our peer teams to operate with greater predictability, quality, and speed. We run the Field Enablement center of excellence for multimedia development, localization, and business intelligence.
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field (or equivalent work experience)
· 3+ year of experience with HTML, CSS, Java, Python, and/or other common coding languages
· 2+ years of experience writing effective documentation (threat models, high-level system architecture, runbooks, etc.)
· 1+ years demonstrated experience using program management skills, including strong written and verbal communication, prioritization, and escalation to remove obstacles and deliver results
· 1+ year of experience managing a project/product roadmap
· 1+ year of experience reading security/access logs for software platforms, platform-based apps, or other web services
· 1+ years of experience in a security-related organization or role, ideally in a high-growth or global environment
· Experience leading cross functional programs and proven ability to influence and lead without direct management authority
· Experience devising and applying a metrics-based approach to measure service and program effectiveness and consistency
· Experience negotiating and prioritizing work in a fast-paced and changing environment
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $82,600 to $144,600, however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon Web Services
- Amazon Web Services Jobs