Amazon Web Services Systems Development Engineer, CloudTrail Insights in Seattle, Washington
The CloudTrail team builds and manages one of the largest audit logging systems in the world, providing our users visibility into user activity and resources changes in AWS. Our data is a vital part of how AWS customers demonstrate compliance with internal policies or regulatory standards, create event-based workflows and alarming, perform security analysis, and troubleshoot operational issues. Every single AWS customer has CloudTrail enabled by default, which means we work with nearly every other AWS service and build scalable systems that process massive amounts of data. We have many interesting problems to solve.
Specifically the CloudTrail Insights team is working on big data processing and analytics, developing algorithms and statistical models for anomaly or outlier detection, and building highly reliable and scalable training and inference engines. CloudTrail Insights is a new feature that helps customers identify unusual operational activity in their AWS accounts such as spikes in resource provisioning or gaps in periodic maintenance activity. We launched our built-from-the-ground-up platform and services for CloudTrail Insights at Re: Invent 2019 and need an Software Development Engineer to join our effort to design and build new algorithms and models that make it easier and faster than ever for customers to find and root cause a broad range of unusual activity.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance.
On-Call Responsibility This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don’t like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don’t get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career:
Growth Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members by building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our senior engineers truly enjoy mentoring more junior engineers and engineers from non-traditional backgrounds through one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth. We try to assign projects and tasks based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
· Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
· 3+ years of experience in a Software Engineering, DevOps/SysOps, or Systems Engineering capacity in a large-scale software development environment
· 2+ years programming experience with at least one modern language
· 1+ year of experience contributing to automation for new and current systems
· Track record of building and delivering mission critical, 24x7 production software systems.
· Strong desire to build, sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Professional experience building applications with AWS services such as EC2, S3, Lambda, and DynamoDB
· Familiarity with technologies for working with large amounts of data
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon Web Services
- Amazon Web Services Jobs